As you may have noticed with last week’s update, Niantic Chat is now cross-game across CATAN – World Explorers and Ingress! We also introduced Niantic Username, separate from your display name, as your unique identity across all Niantic games and products. Your Niantic Username is currently defaulted to the username you selected when you first logged into Niantic Chat. However, we recognize that some of you may want to change your usernames now that Niantic Chat is a cross-game experience, so we are offering all Explorers the opportunity for a one-time username change.
If you’d like to change your username, please fill out this form by Friday, October 22. You do not need to fill out the form if you are happy with your current Niantic Username. These changes will take effect during the week of October 25th. We will be reviewing all submissions, so please do not share this form with anyone outside of the Closed Beta.
With CATAN – World Explorers sunsetting on November 18, we encourage you to reserve the username you’d like to retain so that you may continue to use this username in any other games you play today or in the future. If you are unable to decide on a username before the end of this window, there will be other opportunities in the near future, but this will be the surest way to lock in your desired username before we start extending username reservations to the broader playerbase.
The Niantic Chat and CATAN – World Explorers Teams
Nothing is consistent, always something goes missimg, disappear and reappear... hasnt hit the daily cap for some yet and still disappeae
please fix the inconsistency.... mustve been stuffed up aince the timing that bundles went borked.
Hoping the 'shrubs' will work again soon. And this means a shiny update is coming to our phones soon.
Pixel 4a 5G
Really enjoying the bonuses for this season.
The RP mega bundles are so fun. Exploding all over the map.
Inventory management might be slightest bit harder lol but that's a hardship I can cope with. hahaha
Would like to note I feel boosted not on a free ride. Still have to work towards my goals (level 40), achievements to purple, Catanian friendships to level up etc.
Going out with a bang!
I spent good money on this game, and you accepted it. Quite obviously, I USED that gold to expand my backpack and golden settlement. I didn't sit on it. Therefore, that gold is no longer there.
I think that you need to offer to transfer all gold PURCHASED during this game to be transferred, and to any Niantic game and preferably any account you nominate. That would at least promote the idea of continuing with Niantic. I might be interested in Ingress, for example. That has got to be at least a partial win for Niantic, Shirley?
Quite frankly, if you don't, this will permanently sour my personal view of both Niantic and Nerd Ninja. It will also make me very, very dubious about supporting ANY game in such a manner again. I don't think I'm alone in this, either.
Please do the right thing. I'm not even asking for my money back, although I believe I'm within my rights to do so.
I'm going to miss that opener. Alright let's get into it - times are changing and in the time we have left, we want to get back to basics and provide some great final memories of our little game. As you've no doubt seen, Gold is no longer purchasable in the store. You can still earn gold in the game, but we're not going to be leaning on it as hard as we once did. In fact, we're also opening up a number of new ways to spend all those banked up Research Points for a variety of things.
One of our goals is that we want all players to be able to finish out all their research, and after that have the ability to experiment and play more with different systems. We expressly did not want to knock the wheels off and just give everyone an infinite reward pool, but we wanted to try and do our little world right with the tools we have available.
Season 22 Quest
We're doing a short one this go around. Candidly, I wasn't sure how best to tackle this, or even if a season quest was "worth it." However, it's been such a fun part of the experience for the last six months or more that the lack of a season quest would be too great an absence. A one step quest may seem underwhelming, but combined with all of the aspects in the changelog below, I think it'll be a pretty great season.
Season 22 Changelog
- Player Interaction radius 50 -> 80 (totem radius unchanged)
- Max Daily Gold Earnings 50 -> 500
- RP added to location discovery reward (uncovering a new Settlement or Resource Center)
72 Hour End of Season Bonanza
- This event will continue as usual, it's only in this list because some other timed events are noted below.
- Common Catanians spawn less often, Uncommon and Rare more often
- Quests: Double Card rewards (this will not display on the quest accept screen, but will display in the journal and upon completion)
- This "first weekend" discovery event has been retired, and the general rewards improved (not double cards though at this time)
- Reduced spawn density
- Free Daily Fabled Harvest Ticket: 1 -> 3 timed tickets
Mayoral Weekly Rewards
- Mayoral Inbox rewards have been disabled as they led to crash conditions we were not able to address properly. Mayorships are still assigned at settlements, but it considered a cosmetic feature at this point. It appears this went live a bit early, and outpaced communications, apologies for that.
Personal Resource Gardens
- Tile cool down from 30m to 5m
- Tile Reward from 5 tokens to 50 tokens
- Tile XP from 5xp to 250xp
- "Reset Garden Tiles" cost dropped from 500g to 50g (still all tiles)
- Now also purchasable via Research Exchange (in store - see below)
- Scrolls have a higher chance of spawning
- All bundle types have a higher chance of being a large reward
- Totem Cost to visit Resource Center 5 -> 3
- Rewards when playing Plentiful Harvest increased significantly (card still says 25%, but give it a shot)
- Max harvests from same Resource Center per day: 10 -> 100
- Totem Cost to visit Golden/Community Settlement 15 -> 10
- Community Settlement Timer: 6hr -> 3hr
- Golden Settlement Timer: 6hr -> 1hr
- Personal Settlement Timer: 6hr -> 30m
Store / RP Exchange
- More options, increased redemption chances.
- Random building has a chance to return Fabled Building Cards as well.
- Boost card prices lowered
We have 58 days between the last day of this season, and closing day. Here are some of my thoughts for how the devs could make this fun for everyone, and go out with a bang!
Obviously these will be limited, so focusing on the most important ones:
- Fix friends lists and Fabled Harvest invites so we can invite all of our friends, not just a select few.
- Take away the geoblock. There are a bunch of people who have downloaded the app and have been dying to play, but can only play the very initial stages of the game. Without this change,they're never going to experience this great game. It's not going to result in new players etc, and we already saw in one previous season transition an accidental 'global rollout', so I'm guessing there's just one switch to ****.
That's all! While I'd personally love to see higher settlement tiers, new buildings, roads, and treasure maps, these are probably too big an ask given the wind down.
There are a few other annoying bugs, they're not game breaking, and I think most people would be happy if these were the only improvements.
57-58 days is a weird amount of time, and means at least one season will need to be something other than a multiple of 7 days. The announcement said something about the final 2 seasons, which assumes maybe a 28 day season and a 30 day season. Could I suggest 3 more seasons, perhaps 2x21 days, and a 16 day season?
Here's where we could have some fun. With just 2 months of the game left, a lot of people will not even get close to 'finishing' itwithout extra help. It would be great to see enough bonuses in place to give people a shot at getting all the badges, 5-hearting all the Catanians, and maxing out their Golden Settlements. Some things that would help with this are:
- Remove the daily gold caps.
- Cheaper/free Fabled Harvest tickets.
- Bonanza for more than just the last 3 days (remember the time you accidentally left it on for most of a season?!).
- Higher Catanian appearance rates (that time you did a Catanian Carnival was great, but in combination with other bonuses to make the quests easier would be amazing!).
- Remove the one quest per day limit on Catanians.
- Reduce the cooldown time for settlements.
- Increase the interaction radius.
- Remove the daily gift sending caps.
Anyone else got any other ideas to make sure the last 2 months is as good as this great game deserves?