Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Rezoning & chatrooms

WindWind Member Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭

Hey first of all, would love the concept of rezoning every couple of months, that idea was given from the other thread shown in the bug report

secondly, the chatrooms, you might want to only maintain 4 chatrooms, with 3 being faction and latter being xfac. Multiple that if you want to solit the world by continents/large scale regions.

has the message be geotagged each time being sent and utilize a radius of up to 500km to acale up/down range for other geotagged messages

ingress have a working chatroom model and i believe you guys should follow their model

11 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 345 ✭✭✭

I like the rezoning.

But would have preferred it have happened at the end of season, so as not to mess up local scores.

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Member Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

I agree on both counts. Changing the local areas every few months would help to avoid the same scenario playing over & over in each local area.

Also could be good to fit as many of the active players as possible into an area & leave other areas nearby with no known active players. I think there will be cases where early players stop playing in their first season because they can't impact the local area at all, because more advanced players score far more points. If empty local areas are arranged, new players will be encouraged to try to win from the beginning.

The chat rooms are useless at the moment because they are too local to net enough players. Even in pogo the playing groups here cover a little more / or more flexible ground. Plus, we don't want to tell our opponents our strategy, so will end up writing nothing.

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Member Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

The Ingress chat format is far superior in my opinion.

• DaDonDaDon Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Wind you sound like an Aussie...

I've agreed with all your comments and suggestions so far - thanks!

For the Beta only, would it be worth having a beta chat channel in game do you think?

It could change to foundation channel after it goes live.

• ZigZagWandererZigZagWanderer Member Posts: 34 ✭✭

I find the chat rooms pretty useless. There are 3 available to me, two don't work at all, just spin trying to refresh. The one that does work takes me dozens of attempts to hit the 'post' arrow.

• KiwiMarinaKiwiMarina Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

My chat has never worked from the beginning, always loading. Now I have two chats that don't work 😂 hopefully one day i may get to chat with other local members but at the moment, i feel like I'm a loner.