Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Personal score higher than local score

FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Why is my personal score significantly higher than my local score? I’m in my local region with both my personal and gold settlements. The only other region I play in also has a low local score so my points are not going there.

15 votes

Bug: Investigating · Last Updated

We are investigating this issue. Bug #16640

Comments

• cerealkillercerealkiller Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited February 28

How can I have personal score of 226 and local score or only 51 when all my personal score has been in my local play area.

Post edited by CATANGray on
  • MargorMargor Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Same thing to me. The only points that go to the local play area are those I have in my personal settlement, even if I've made more points in other settlements in the same area.

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

my faction score is less than one of the settlements in my local area. I have maxed out my personal settlement.

• ShazreShazre Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Same thing happening to me. My son and I play together but the majority of our points are not being added to the local score.

• bluesfemmebluesfemme Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

I'm bewildered why this isn't listed as a high priority yet.

I play in one zone. That's al

I have more than double VP than the "leading" faction.

My closest settlement is 1.5 X VP of the "leading" faction.

And yet my team has only 5% of my VP.

I'll max my settlement. But absolutely no incentive to score for other settlements when clearly the scoring is broken.

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Yeah this is a major issue for me, I have 960vp.across two regions and my faction score across those two regions is still zero. So the 960vp has counted for nothing.

this should be a very high severity defect please.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

This season, as the end of season 11 sees its local areas change, overlap, modify ...

Sometimes briefly several times a day.

Hopefully these tries will be good for Season 13.

Thus, my zone and the one next to each other have partly overlapped and now have the same name.

3 types of colonies are there.

Those on the left Wood and Grain have no score. And yet I searched.

Those of the nested zone are of 2 kinds:

The Wood and Brick settlements whose score is in the center and sometimes also on the left.

The Wood and Ore colonies whose score is in the right part. But sometimes this score drops to 0 when the rural right-hand side changes its name to that of a town located 65 km away.

As for the settlements in the area on the right, I did not go to see it because there is a difference in level of 400 m with the rest of the city.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

First day of the season and i cant add to local score (sg) at all.

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Problem continues in new season. Neither personal or public points included in local score

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

@BATTFAM our cell was incorrectly cpunted

Which clearly shows @CATANFiona that blue came first, this time

FYI, I won without the Totem at all

It was all won by being physically at the locations

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 357 Admin

Hi - We have deployed a server fix for this issue. It looks like some old regions were still hanging around, as some pointed out. This fix will 1) pull all non-national regions out of the game and 2) transfer the scores from the old regions to the new ones (so you may see a bump in the national score).

Please leave a comment if the scores still look off or if you are still seeing the old regions.

@CATANFiona personal settlement has the heading within your local area, adds to both scores assuming no one was playing when i was. Public settlement (my 2 nearest) does not have the heading, does not add to local, it was stagnant. Might have added to global but im not too sure.

btw is trading removed from personal settlement or bug?

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 357 Admin

@Charmq what you mentioned is still an issue after the fix we rolled out yesterday?

Is anyone else experiencing this? Can I get some screenshots of your Personal Settlements?

@CATANFiona I have sent the pic of my personal settlement above, post waiting approval.

FYI, i even moved my personal settlement on the same spot to ensure its “sitting” on the new region. Still the same, personal adds to both, public settlement adds to global only

Yes its still an issue for me. Only my personal settlement has the header and allows me to score for local n global.

Before and after adding archive at nearest settlement (pls look at time stamp the sequence a little jumbled up) I have 10% of local score (around 6% if minus catch up mechanism) -which seems low to me.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited March 25

@Charmq

From your post and screenshots I can infer that you have built an archive building.

This only gives 3VP because you haven't just finished level 1 or level 5 or level 10.

The 3 VPs have been added to the global score.

But not at the local score in Singapore. Which is not normal.

@Tahalnyou yup, adds to global only n not local. The only thing adding to both was my personal settlement at the point of posting the post above. I also did a separate experiment which wasnt posted coz its inconclusive. Initially one of the admins thought it could be a time lag which shows the local scores not being reflected correctly. So i did a before, after building record where i added 200+ points to 1 settlement (0 increase in local) 1/2hr later (20+ pts to local) and 1hr later (100+ pts to local) which didnt show the correct change. At 1.5hr mark the jump in local score was 1.2k so i couldnt tell if my effort was part of it or not. Seems to be a thing affecting Singapore, not sure about the other regions and they are investigating it...

these days im just leisurely building my nearest settlement n trying to increase friendship (trying coz w the decreased radius, the spawn rate of catanians seem to be so low. :(

• ThuriferThurifer Member Posts: 1

After building monument in personal settlement to level 50, my score has not increased by the 55VP gained. I have restarted the game and the score still shows last night's total.

Android v. 1.35.7

• WindWind Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭

@Thurifer VP boost effects from cards like Monument, Tavern etc does not count to,personal,score - only local and global score.

• SharronSharron Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Contributed 125 VP in one settlement via totem. The VP at the settlement changed however my personal VP only changed by 77.

The national VP didn’t change immediately at all. However 15 mins later, the National VP had a 392 VP jump. Not sure if any of that was my contribution.

Game Version: 1.35.7

Playing on an iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14.4.2

• WindWind Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭

@Sharron The VP boost effect from the cards like Monument, Tavern, etc does not contribute to your personal VP count.

• SharronSharron Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Screenshots:

15 mins later:

Note: no change in personal VP