Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Global Scores Sync issue?

ScrumpeeScrumpee Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

Players from Singapore “region” have already reported the issue of non-scoring settlements. Today, within an hour, Eagles’ global score shot up by 110,000, while there was no such sudden increase for Wolves and Bears. What’s up? Something went awry during the attempt to fix the scoring bug or global Eagles have suddenly been really busy today?

16 votes

Bug: Resolved · Last Updated

Comments

• Archeron69Archeron69 Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited March 24

The Global VP Scores on the game seems to have gone haywire this afternoon with every player reporting wildly different numbers on their respective devices. Even for the same player, on 2 different devices, the Global VP Scores do not match. See attached images.

These are not small differences due to sync lag but a difference of over 108,000 VP.

Post edited by Archeron69 on
  • WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

80k increase over 11s? Woah interesting.... could it be a devs stuff up trying to fix some issues?

• ScrumpeeScrumpee Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

Would be great if all the scoring issues across the beta testing regions can be fixed asap. The non scoring and the sudden jumps are disconcerting.

• NavigatorNavigator Member Posts: 33 ✭✭

While I am loving it as an Eagle and hoping it is a bunch of busy Eagles I think it is a syncing issue.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

Yes i wish it were true but probably sync issue. Maybe it was my missing points from last season? 🤣

Also the eagles not the only ones went up massively. The wolves went up by 9k

9k and 100k plus very different, lol. At this rate, what do these figures really count for? What’s certain is they do not reflect the efforts invested. Across all 3 factions.

Now Wolves up by 40K in less then 6hrs leaving Bears for dead and rapidly closing on Eagles. 😆. Perhaps it is my region where they have had a 1.5K turnaround in less then 12hours...

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭

Ignoring the fact that Blue Bears won the last 2 seasons with a significant lead.

Something is fishy

@CATANdominik @CATANFiona

Is anybody looking into this?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 224 Community Manager, Global

We will have a Developer Spotlight explaining what happened tomorrow. All is working as intended now. More details will be shared tomorrow. Thanks for your patience!

But the scoring problems in Singapore are still not resolved and scores from Singapore have not been properly captured. How does this impact Global Scores?

From my app right now, Global Scores continue to show a Eagles leading Wolves, with Bears at the bottom of the pile, a complete reversal from week 1 and previous seasons. What changed?

Perhaps more Eagles were recruited over the last few weeks who hate being last? Wolves now lead the Australian region by 12K from where they were 2 days ago. Crazy. I look forward to hearing from the developers.

A recruitment drive being effective would be believable if the VP spikes were observed over the course of days/weeks instead of seconds. My screenshots, for example, show a 108,000 VP spike within 11 seconds. That's one helluva recruitment drive (plus learning time, levelling up time and action time).

The thing I can't figure out is how Global VP is calculated. Currently the Wolves and Bears from the Australian region are generating about half their teams Global VP while the Eagles a third. Man Eagles must be crushing it in the other regions to make up the difference. Makes no sense to me

Eagles not crushing it in Singapore, but then, who knows what’s going on in Singapore as we have been having non-scoring settlements since at least last season. Bug has been reported but resolution may happen in another n seasons (just like how long it took for devs to realise Daily Quest VPs were not credited to Eagles, as explained today).

Must be the Kiwi and Danish Eagles then.

edited March 27

Gilda twsk VP rewards only counts towards lpersonal and global VP totals. Not locals/regionals

edited March 29

Can @CATANdominik clarify how many VPs will be awarded to trailing factions based on what VP margin using the current “balancing mechanism”?