News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Poll: What do you do when you see Catanians on the Map?

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 142 Community Manager, Global
edited March 26 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

We would love your help in gathering feedback on your interactions with Catanians in CATAN – World Explorers. This poll will be in tandem with another poll regarding your favorite quest objectives, feel free to check that out after voting here! Please vote in the poll below, and share your thoughts in the comments!

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Poll: What do you do when you see Catanians on the Map? 32 votes

Ignore the Catanian if it's not a rarity I'm interested in, or I'm already full on quests
9%
LluminaireAppoThurifer 3 votes
Interact with the Catanian, accept the quest immediately, exit screen.
6%
ADAhelsingorArcheron69 2 votes
Interact with the Catanian, consider quest and trades.
84%
CarneCataniusAll1r0GElderKoreantaprokhSuzyau66CharmqWindNdorfynMykanGromtrakigbuendCA2RL9OS0DavejjjjjExplorerXTahalnyouSharronCachedAmoebaJazzyJ28 27 votes
Other (please leave comment)
0%

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭

Rare and any quest that provides rewards for the least effort

Somewhat ignoring common things

Eg ignore quest if to pick up 50 shrubs, to get 3 Fairgrounds

@CATANdominik can we please have the ability to zoom into the rewards to see what we will actually get before committing to a quest.

The icons are just too small, even for my good vision

• WindWind Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26

Some of the quests are situational so....

i always prioritizes the ones that offers resource producing buildings.

quests that involves discovering is only doable for me during early season as they are automatically ignored during other times when doing my loop.

i will happily shovv you my tier lists... in terms of how fun to do them.

S Tier - Erland

A Tier - Embla, Ove, Shelby, Ingeborg, Solveig, Brandt, Calder, Helga, Audun, Marta, Runa, Freja, Jarl, Tyra

B Tier - Gustav, Astrid, Roger, William, Ulf, Lamont

C Tier - Gunhild, Viggo, Destin, Signe

D Tier - Garth, Haldor, Hammond, Knud, Dagmar, Brenda

-

i prefer rewards being resource producing buildings and minigames. No commons except storehouse and no VP boosting buildings except festival & archives...pretty please???

Post edited by Wind on
  • MykanMykan Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Always have a look at the quest offer and consider if it is one I want and am able to take.

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

Accept all quests if I don't have any. Ditch quests for better ones (I.e. drop explore 10 settlements for trade with 10 catanians)

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

Cheers Wind for the text

My style of play has been mainly about getting rare cards to get more resources to get more rare cards to get more resources - lol loop. So the resource quests ones are my favourite. With the bigger range Brenda and Hammond 5 festival halls went up into A tier.

A Tier - Embla, Ove, Shelby, Ingeborg, Solveig, Brandt, Calder, Helga, Audun, Marta, Runa, Freja, Jarl, Tyra, Brenda, Hammond

B Tier - Gustav, Astrid, Roger, William, Ulf, Lamont, Erland

C Tier - Gunhild, Viggo,

D Teir - Destin, Signe

E Tier - Garth, Haldo, Knud, Dagmar,

• NavigatorNavigator Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Like to use Canatanians to balance and achieve some harvesting goals through trading. (Need wheat to complete task but have to much brick, let's deal.) Hate getting the explore resources late game.

Agree with Wind. I am so over having my backpack full of common cards that are useless.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 73 ✭✭

Usually I look at quests and trade offers.

Sometimes I delete an ongoing quest and take another one instead.

Sometimes I look for a long time for the Catanian which will offer wood or brick if these are my missing resources.

I need to see several Catanians at the same time to interact with one of them.

Especially since you can't click on some of them.

It has happened to me at the beginning and at the end of the season to search for more than an hour of feasible quests.