News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

New Game Piece Builder Coming Soon™!

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 142 Community Manager, Global
edited April 6 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorer! 

We’re excited to share that we’ve been hard at work on an all-new way to personalize your Game Piece in CATAN – World Explorers. This feature will be coming soon with our next game update.

Explorers will be able to access these personalization features at any time through their “Profile Icon” in the top left corner of the World Screen. We hope that our diverse community of Explorers will use this new feature to express themselves in game however they choose! 

As with all our releases, we’re always listening to feedback here on our Community Forum. If you have any feedback (or notice any bugs) please share them with us!

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on
Tagged:

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭

Well, I see that people wanted that in the poll some months ago so I guess it was the right decision to go ahead with it. 🙂👍

But just asking, are you going to do the achievements rework soon? It was already mentioned in the stream in December or January so we know it’s coming, not a secret anymore. 😄

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

I'm going to have green hair!!!!!

• WindWind Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭

Purple hair finally? Yee haww....

but in all seriously, i,am wondering about the updates,of the achivements & badges revamp as it been broken and some accounts got broken Axhiver badges, some missing all gold settlement cards and so on...

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭

Of all the things players stated they need, customizable game pieces was very low on the list.

I suppose it will help to monetize the game more.

I'm not a fan of this, and want more strategic action options.

Roads

Tier 4 settlements

Epic and Legendary Catanians and buildings

Barbarians

Pirates

@CATANdominik looking at that promo picture, am i looking right, theres no purple option? Thats a MASSIVE LETDOWN if thats the case.....i just want purple hair..... *sniff*sniff*

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

I totally agree with @Grogyan

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

i also agree with @Grogyan what a waste of time and effort for something that does nothing for the playability of the game when there are bugs everywhere, never mind the improvements @Grogyan calls out.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

It will be free?

Well, they have probably separate technical and art teams so maybe art team has finished every other thing by now.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭

@Catanius it will follow the Wizards Unite and Pokémon GO model.

Some customization will be free.

Most of it will be paid.

Some will be sponsor promotions.

Some will be available during certain events.

What about Ingress, does it have monetized Avatar customization?

Very minimal, because, Ingress is not using the RWP server code, so the options are limited for true customization. This why the Avatars are, essentially, arrows. I still think they are cool.

@Grogyan iirc people been wanting more avatars for ngress to customize with and many of us hoping they will finish the rest of the archtype but guess not...doesnt seems to be popular ...tbh i think people,only buy em if they comes in their fave colour....duh :)

• QueglarQueglar Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Lol - checked back in to see if this game had worked out what the overarching goal or purpose for playing it was yet. Nope, just flaffing about about with the game piece.

"You know what would make me want to play the original Catan board game more? More token choices..." said no one... ever...