News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Poll: What Do You Think Of National Competitions?

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 341 Admin
edited April 6 in News & Announcements

Hi Explorer, 

We’d love to hear your feedback on what you think about National Competitions so far. National Competitions create one region per country, rather than smaller local regions. Please take the poll below and leave your feedback in the comments!

-The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Poll: What Do You Think Of National Competitions? 44 votes

I love National Competitions!
15%
GromtrakCA2RL9OS0ScrumpeeWadicalWabbitFelicitousGaryTheGreatAusMacUser 7 votes
I don't really have an opinion about National Competitions.
9%
LluminaireADAhelsingorDanellieThurifer 4 votes
I do not like National Competitions
61%
ComradeWolfCarneBATTFAMcerealkillerSoylentGrienM42FreezerbearCharmqMystiqueKnotLydiecavaouMykanGnesNavineilegendDavinaClaireRandomExplorersArcheron69FeythyerDavejjjjjTahalnyouCached 27 votes
Other (Leave Comment Below)
13%
AjanHukkaGrogyanCataniusMrCatanWinddae 6 votes

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 443 ✭✭✭

Would be nice to see the regionwise results wherever you are. A bit likebit works in Ingress. Now it seems that only players own local and global are visible.

• AusMacUserAusMacUser Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    I love National Competitions!

Be good to see personal results

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

It's good but where are the smaller region? It worths not to earn VP if my faction lose both global and national.

• LydiecavaouLydiecavaou Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Je préfère jouer sur des plus petites région, éventuellement départementale ou plus petit que nationale.

Les villes resteront privilégiées par rapport à la campagne.

Aucun intérêt à jouer dans ces conditions

Encore combien de saisons avant de pouvoir jouer dans **** autres régions de France autres que **** zones frontalières de la Suisse 🇨🇭

• WindWind Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3

Well said Baggs....

Global is pretty much the worst thing to happen, would,prefer national/large regional scoring over global

so perhaps you should be asking what is,more preferable...global or national and i am sure most of us would,prefer national/large scale regionals over global....

• BATTFAMBATTFAM Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Hope these results will actually be considered and not ignored like most other surveys.

• MykanMykan Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Also don't like the national scoring as the local, Would be fine as a third level but not the smallest level. Many players in my area have quit over this. The only positive is a large chat but that is irrelevant as we can have one without the other.

I am moving around less and less, my contribution is irrelevant on this scale and in the smallest team, so pushing to explore is pointless. Having the same resources across the country also removes my desire to explore as it was fun to check out different zones and see what their resources were and work out strategies of whether to build outside my zone to help with resources. Unless it is a bug in my area the resources dont change across numerous (8+) old regions.

You need to solve the scoring issues for such large areas. Fix that and then perhaps national would be exciting and competitive. But while the imbalances in national and the joke of global scoring are there it will always be one sided.

• M42M42 Member Posts: 47 ✭✭✭

I can live with National Competition for a season or two or even more, while the game is in BETA development, I realise you guys need to try things like this. But I really don't like it as I don't feel like anything I do is contributing to my Faction. At least I felt like I was helping the cause when I was doing well in my local area. Please go back to local soon, and scrap the National Competition.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 73 ✭✭

What I don't like is that the size of the local area has grown too big.

There is no longer the pleasure of seeing different colors evolving on the map.

There is no longer the pleasure of discovering the resources of other nearby regions.

To build there strategically.

Concretely, the local regions should have a side of 3 to 5 km.

In any case, not more than 10 km.

And not 50 to 100 km like at the beginning.

And too bad, if some of them will not yet have a POI.

Moreover, in the personal statistics at the end of the season, the home region is not relevant. (work in another region, travel ...)

It would be better to have the region where the player contributed the most.

And the personal score could be added to these statistics ...

With tiered rewards based on score ...

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 73 ✭✭

I also wonder how the resources will be distributed in season 14.

There are 5 countries, and 5 types of resources ...

Allocating a different missing resource to each country would not be fair.

Some resources are more important than others in the construction of Cultural buildings.

Choosing the same missing resource for all participants would make more sense.

@CATANdominik

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

As others have clearly stated, on a national level, individuals have no impact and therefore no incentive. Unless there is coordination, and that is impractical on a national level, this cannot change.

I agree that local & national is appropriate, and global is probably ok too.

It would also be nice if the scores were not broken, and/or scoring is documented properly.

The 'catchup' mechanism needs work too, if employed. At times last season, Eagles' easy quests gave more VP than hard quests.

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

@MrCatan I agree that a settlement count is a great idea. Unfortunately, while there are so few players and so many undeveloped settlements, that is open to exploitation.