News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

A New Season Has Dawned... Find Out Which Faction Was Victorious!

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 341 Admin

Greetings Explorer!

The sun has set on another Season in CATAN – World Explorers. Congratulations to all Factions on a fantastic effort. The final tally...

Congratulations to the WOLVES with 638,226 Victory Points! They were the faction to beat.

A new Season is about to begin…

Are you up for the challenge? Do you have what it takes to guide your Faction to a win next Season?

Remember, at Season’s end:

• Scores reset, Settlements reset, and Resource Center locations change.
  • Card quantities (Resources, Mini Games, and Crafted Buildings) will be set back to zero.
  • Your Faction, Golden Settlement, Unlocked Cards, Boost cards, Totem Tokens, Explorer Points, and Gold will remain.

A new day dawns! Go and explore a whole new gameboard this Season! This Season will run from April 6th 2021, 1:30pm PDT to April 27th 2021, 1pm PDT... so don’t waste any time!

-The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 407 ✭✭✭✭

Sitting this season out...national at local level just doesnt motivates me :/

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭

Sitting out this season 14 too

Back to playing Ingress.

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Currently the regional (national) scores are higher than the global scores 🤣

• FeythyerFeythyer Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

I'm collecting some gold, but yeah, bored now.

Well...after a day of play to get my season plan in action and seriously.....

lumber, brick everywhere in the whole cell with low on grain.... got mates who can confirm same in different parts of the country

that is not cool. Its unacceptable.

it takes away the variety one can go to another area for resource farming - one of the aspects why i explore other areas is cauz of the resource cariety - not the same one as everywhere ....

there is 4 reasons why i sit out this season as only do for dailies to farm my gold and totem tokens.

1. Burnout prevention. I play hard so needs a break and enjoy other interests..
    2. my catanians are awaiting the 4 hearts friemdship level up - do not want to do them until everything is corrected - the name, the rewards and the XP. If i jump the gun, how would the devs knows if is corrected? Hmmmm.... so til its fixed, i will do a one daily task challenge a day and thats the one and only gilda.... hehe.
    3. i will still explore for other places but ingress gets priority this season as i want to work on my pioneer & explorer as well as being 15 again might as well try grind out the 15 mil to beat a frog i know to be first in my area to hit 5th recursion....
    4. national level as local scoring...ughhhh. Either ditch global for it or add another tier...please bring back true local as we has in before Season 12. Zero motivation as i mention earlier and i am sure many of us agrees on it. Only good thing from it is the chatroom.
  • CameronCameron Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

What was the score per team divided by active players in each team?

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 91 ✭✭✭

lol .... @Wind you say you are sitting out but I know how far you have already gotten on the first day of the season. hahahahaha.

Really like Catan it's a change from Ingress (love the old girl but have been getting whumped in it for over a year by a flipper - not as fun) The dice are cute. The trading and building is fun. The get resources to build buildings to get resources to build buildings loop .... is my jam.

What I have grown to love about this game is every season I concoct a plan for the next season and then it's up ended ..... without fail. (Tbh sometimes got in a snit and declared not playing for a season .... snort lol ...never stopped playing...hahaha ) .

This season wanted to get our wolf team here to build settlements in a particular way so we had settlements yielding minimum 800 of a resource allowing for folks wanting to totem over if needing a particular resource. Then the robber would not sting as much. Our team is spreadout over 100km and so usually has many different resource combinations. But everywhere is Lumber and Brick!!!!!! Lol been totally pranked .....

@ZinkyZonk LOL how i gonna maintain my dailies if i dont set up my 4 settlements with 2x treasuries, 3x grain, 2x ore & 1x wool on the *’s

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭

I've stopped even doing the Gilda Daily Quest.

I have so many Totem Tokens that are worthless, and oy did the Gilda Quest for gold and EP

Though i don't buy totems anymore they are a big part of my game to manage resource overflow so the hard quest is always done by me.

Tomorrow i'll be in a high density location that i don't travel to often so i'm intending to send buildings back to settlements closer to home.

Hey @Wind cheers for slowing down so i could get 521 to your 519. 'Beat Wind for VP at any point in the season least once' has been ticked off the bucket list.