News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Get Ready For Exploration Weekend!

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 357 Admin

Greetings Explorer! 

It’s time to make your mark on the gameboard! From Friday, April 9th at 9:00am PST to Monday, April 12th at 9:00am PST, Explorers will receive bonus rewards for discovering new Settlements and Resource Centers. When you discover new Resource Centers and Settlements, you will be guaranteed to collect a Building Card!

Also, don’t forget to collect some free Totem Tokens in your In-Game Mailbox.

While you’re exploring this weekend, please be mindful of your surroundings, follow guidelines from local health authorities, and be sure to explore safely. And don’t forget, you can use your Totem to traverse the map from anywhere.

- The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Comments

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

@CATANFiona Every season you talk about a guaranteed bonus building card for resource centers and settlements.

I am not the only one who has never seen a bonus building card for a settlement.

A post has already been opened on this subject for a long time.

That said, I will check my inventory before and after finding a new settlement. 🤔

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

PST a schedule I discovered while playing HPWU.

But there are many who do not know.

I suggest that you also specify when the summer / winter time difference occurs during an event or a season.

I remember a 3 hour event that started worldwide an hour earlier on HPWU.

Likewise, I was surprised by the end of season 12 at 9 p.m. when I thought it ended at 10 p.m. as usual.

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    edited April 9

Does this daylight saving malarkey (that we have no truck with in Queensland) mean the times are all ahead by 1 hour now? Ofc, that'll be 2 hours in NSW, SA & VIC.

This season started at 6:30 am, and I recall the previous did too, or am I wrong?

Edit: ah no, it changed to PDT on the second Sunday in march, before the previous season started. Daylight Saving is a complete dog's breakfast imo.

Post edited by GandalfTheWhite on
  • ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 99 ✭✭✭

Super keen for the explorer weekend!

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 169 Community Manager, Global
    edited April 12

@Tahalnyou @Wind Thanks for highlighting the issue with Settlements. We highlighted this with the team and it looks like there is an error in the event design. Not sure at this point if this means we just adjust the wording for next time, or if we'll be able to fix the error. Stay tuned for the next Exploration Weekend announcement.

Regarding PST time: I put this on my list of things to revisit. I don't have a specific opinion on this right now, but will discuss this with the team.

Post edited by CATANdominik on
  • CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

@Tahalnyou @Wind i have already brought up the issue under bug report and it was marked as resolved on 15apr. We shall see next season.