Strategy and Gameplay

Mayor

StumvomaxStumvomax Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

How do become the mayor? Or asked differently, who gets to be the mayor of a settlement?

Comments

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

The Mayor is the player who contributed the most for 7 days. In short, to become the Mayor you must contribute a lot (be active daily) to the settlement you want to become.

• SarahSarah Member Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

It doesn't seem to be calculated automatically.

Suggestion: If you are the first player to visit a settlement and you build/grow it you should automatically be the mayor.

• CATANGarfieldCATANGarfield Moderator Posts: 14 Moderator

Hi @Stumvomax @Mirubi @Sarah, the Mayor is a player who contributes the most to a Settlement within a given calendar week. All players who contribute to Settlements are eligible to become Mayor for a one-week term. So start contributing to your nearby Settlements. You will receive a message in the Inbox when you become a Mayor.

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

@CATANGarfield when you say calendar week, what exactly does that mean and which timezones calendar is it? They updated last night in NZ, which was Saturday pm.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

I just became Mayor of one settlement; even though it was only my second visit - I look forward to getting more mayoral spots to see what it actually does. (others I have visited daily since I started playing but I guess others have been more active than me)

@fiyahflash

Being the mayor of a very busy region must be really cool! several people may want to become your friends.

• BexBex Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

What benefit does being the mayor have?

@Bex

The mayor has his profile highlighted within the settlement, in addition to earning gold daily.

• StallionNZStallionNZ Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

Also should note. Once you are mayor you cannot be mayor for the following 3 weeks.

So 1 week as mayor then 2 weeks in city council before you can be eligible for mayor again

I haven't earnt anything extra from being Mayor, expect maybe it reduces the timer on the dice roll to 5 hours.

Though I wnt back 5.5 hours later and the timer said 0, but wouldn't do anything after an hour - guess I should record this as a bug though I didn't take a screenshot.

@fiyahflash this is already reported. But feel free to go up vote the bug

I logged in this morning and was had four messages; I was Mayor of a settlement I noticed I was Mayor at last week, and that my term at that location at ended (so am I Mayor or not?).

Also managed to become Mayor at two new locations. Each giving me a card to save 30 minutes on a dice roll.

It also earned me level 1 on a badge which gave me 50 gold and then level 2 which gave me 100 gold. Haven't seen any daily gold for being a Mayor but maybe this week since I've had official communication from the game.

I'm not sure why someone, who doesn't have the beta, mentioned daily gold.

My understanding is that it's a one off reward, likely per achievement level. For example I received gold for Clan Chief 1, 2 and 3 last night, but don't expect to get any more during the week or until I reach the next achievement level (whatever that may be.)

I confirmed by visiting the settlement, that my first Mayoral position ended on the 18th, but I only recevied notification of being Mayor on the 18th as well as a end of Mayor term. Currently mayor of two Dunedin settlements, though I have only been heading to a couple on the daily. (It wasn't until I actually read the in game help that I learnt that everything resets at the end of the season; I was playing the game like PoGo and leaving some things undiscovered on purpose)

I mentioned it somewhere else, but it would be really good to know if there is another level to the badge and then what the reward is. At the moment I only know I have reached a badge level by the notification I have already reached it.

I assume it was Clan 1 and 2 I reached by having 3 Mayors on Saturday/Sunday; is it worth my effort trying to get more (when you don't really know if your effort at one settlement is helping your cause) to unlock another badge level and receive more gold (that probably won't even cover a new tile in my personal settlement)

5 new mayor's this week and I seemed to stay major in one from last week.

So I guess contributing 23 out of the 29 points on a settlement isn't enough to become the mayor ..

I was a bit put out when I woke up and didn't have any notifications that I had become mayor on any settlements, while seemingly being the only one contributing. So when I took the dog for a walk about an hour ago, I checked in at the "local" settlement which I had recorded my points and saw that someone else was indeed mayor .. So how exactly does "contributes the most to a Settlement within a given calendar week" actually work. Clearly it's not the number of settlement points

Contributing also includes adding any cards to buildings etc.

You didn't miss much. Rewards didn't go out again last night.

I wonder if the fact we changed seasons during the calendar week impacted it. Someone might have sunk a lot in at end of season but with the reset you wouldn't be able to see.

Settlements changed around and the one I refer to above, didn't exist last season.

Came into Dunedin for work, went past several settlements that Red Team is clearly in the lead - yet Blue Team members are the mayor, which just baffles and slightly annoys even more

(even though with the reduction of dice roll when you become mayor bugged, it is actually better not to be mayor)

What reduction of dice roll is that?

When you become mayor (and then council), the 6 hourly dice roll at a settlement becomes 5

However the dice roll counter stays at 0 until at least the 6 hours is up, meaning you can't actually take advantage of the bonus (note, I haven't stayed at a settlement between hours 5 and 6 to see what happens when the 6th hour ends but if spun at the beginning of the work day, then can't at lunch even though the counter says 0, it is fine at the end of the day)

Pretty sure the algorithm to determine Mayor is broken; I checked out more of the settlements I had worked hard on since the start of season 3 - contributing at least 20 VP points to each and I wasn't the mayor of any.

Some of the gyms had blue as mayor even though the blue side had 0 points and the vast majority had no increase in VP points over the weekend ..

Time to submit a bug report, it is the only section the adminstration seems to read.

Where did you read that? I had a look at the in-game support docs today and couldn't find anything on it.

@xoxRARITYxox Are you asking me a question? I don't know what you are referring to by "that" 😄

@fiyahflash yeah, where did you read about the dice roll time reduction if you're mayor? I can't find anything about it.

Oh right - I just saw it. I was mayor, I spun the dice and the countdown timer started at 5 hours.

• XellXell Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same with me. I contributed every day for 5 days now. The settlement didn’t have anyone else there apart from my partner. Then today suddenly there was a mayor and it was someone random

• FresspapaFresspapa Member Posts: 56 ✭✭

there seems to be several flaws in a major game dynamic, and its been going on since July. And none of the game team respond at all? Shame they're being very picky with the topics they respond to.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭

How does mayor work given that its 28 days this season? (My first time playing a new season) Does it change each week? I was expecting a mayor change for a particular location but there was no mayor for this week. Is it because its a new season? Do we get a mayor next week?