News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

New Event: Harvest Weekend! Earn double Resource Garden rewards

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global
edited April 27 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorer! 

Exploration Weekend and End of Season Bonanzas have been successful events since the early times of the soft launch. Now we are starting to test some new event formats to spice up your weekends. Our first newcomer is Harvest Weekend! 

Let’s get harvesting! From Friday, April 16th at 9:00am PDT to Monday, April 19th at 9:00am PDT, Explorers will receive double Resource Garden resource & XP rewards (this will also affect your Personal Resource Gardens). Additionally, Explorers will get 50% more Harvest XP for Settlements and Resource Centers.

Also, don’t forget to collect some free Boosts in your In-Game Mailbox to help you on your adventures during this event! You can also find limited-time discounts on Boosts in the Shop. These rewards will be available when the event starts. 

While you’re exploring this weekend, please be mindful of your surroundings, follow guidelines from local health authorities, and be sure to explore safely. And don’t forget, you can use your Totem to traverse the map from anywhere.

Please let us know in the comments how you enjoyed this new event!

- The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on
Tagged:

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't know, as I've stopped playing in Season 14 due to the regional scoring being too large.

If you aren't in a Central Business District, it is pointless to play.

No real strategy either.

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

not playing much this weekend...due to reasons like national scoring and lack of resource variety

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

@Grogyan and @Wind lol stop being so grumpy lol .

I'm hazy from sleep haven't had my coffee yet so you are getting a bit of tough love. Stop being negative. This game is awesome. The tweeks and changes the devs are conducting are fascinating. Lol.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭

I just hope it would be playable some day. 🙈

• DanellieDanellie Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited April 16

I like having a different focus in this event, variety in events is something that definitely helps keep me engaged longer and learn to appreciate other styles of playing that I wouldn't normally default to. This event sounds fun, looking forward to exploring more over the weekend.

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

In regards to the event, Great timing as this time of the season is a bit of a lull as we wait for the mini game boosts, it does get a bit quiet this time of season. 

A nice excuse to get out to the parks and combine it with the range increase from the Resource harvester boost.

Looking forward to other events to mix it up this time of season.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

@ZinkyZonk not grumpy, stating facts

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tbh the whole city being brick/lumber common for all really ruined any motivation to actually enjoy the event to its potential. If we got variety across the city then it would be actually enjoyed better but this time, nah nah nah time to sleep for the weekend :)

• MykanMykan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

This particular event didn't get me too excited to rush out the door, but I really appreciate that there is an event mid-season and the type and rewards from it vary from time to time. Some rewards/events will always be more appealing to me, so changing them on occasion means each person with a different favourtie will get their turn eventually.

Thanks for the event