News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Game Update 1.41.3 – Release Notes

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 169 Community Manager, Global
edited April 27 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

Here are the release notes for app version 1.41.3

What’s New: Our highlight in the latest update is the all-new Game Piece Builder so you can better represent yourself in-game! Become the local Settlement Mayor and show off your good looks! Plus, we’ve added special effects on the gameboard so you can see when other Explorers are building at Settlements. 

We fixed a few key bugs in the latest update and improved the overall performance! Also we improved the visuals for many game elements, among others Settlement view and buttons.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed: The most common resource type failing to change from season to season in Settlements.

• Fixed: Additional Gold is not awarded to the player if the player lands both dice on the gold target during the Harvest Dice at their Golden Settlement.

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on
Tagged:

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭

The super zoom is gonna annoy me sooo much

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 480 ✭✭✭

@Wind what’s bad with super zoom? It seems kind of nice little gimmick.

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 169 Community Manager, Global

@Wind What do you mean with Super Zoom?

• WindWind Member Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭

Tagged you in one of the bug rort thread @CATANdominik Its such a nuisance

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 169 Community Manager, Global

@Wind Thanks, I'll look into this.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

While a lot of polish was added, bugs were introduced

- Super zoom

- Building menu is hard to read if no buildings have been created

- Game piece customization appears to have flipped genders for some players like myself.

• MudonshoeMudonshoe Member Posts: 3

The new update went to smaller regions. I have only been playing the game for a week (lvl 12) so apologies if this has already been answered but...

Is there a way to see the boundaries of the region you're playing in? For example, my local region is named 'Grumpy's cow' and I have absolutely no idea what that is or what it means in terms of region boundaries.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 467 ✭✭✭

@Mudonshoe If you tap on scores and zoom out it should show the boundaries of your cell, and all other cells.

@CATANFiona It appears to not be working at the moment. because as you slowly zoom out to see your cell boundary, the boundaries disappear

edited April 28

@Grogyan Thank you - that makes sense. I was wondering why you could only zoom out so far. I just assumed it was like a Fog of War in the old games so that you had to move. No doubt they'll get it working again.

On a related level, when and how often does it work out your zone? Do they do it at a certain time or is it based on where you place your home settlement?

@all: Super Zoom is not a bug, it is a feature. 😊

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

@Mudonshoe If you are close to Melbourne then Grumpy's crow is a resource center or settlement based on Phillip Island.

• NetNet Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Please fix local game zone highlights in map.

When zoom in I can see colored edge on screen.

When zoom out the actual local zones disappear from map.

And the shape of those areas is strange. But hard to say coz I can't see the bigger picture.

Thanks so much everyone for all of the replies. I'm in Wonthaggi so the Island settlement makes sense. There aren't many people (well really, there's nobody else) in the town playing the game. It's making it very easy to learn the basic mechanics.

Its got lots of potential when I think of the boardgame... and the different mechanics that are added in by expansions. Either content for later... or for rotating seasons, no doubt.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 200 ✭✭✭
    edited May 8

@CATANdominik The super zoom is maybe a feature but it looks like a bug and it's awful for players. Like @Mykan said: "The ultra zoom out might be cool if the scoring regions show so you have a better sense of which factions are winning in the large view. Otherwise it currently serves no function."

What about the next update? Could we have an update without new bugs features and only solve lot of bugs? Now we have more bugs than features 🤔 Thank you

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 480 ✭✭✭

A little bit OT here but what are you seeing as the worst bugs in the game right now @Catanius ?