CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Off-Topic

Totem

ReplacedknifeNZReplacedknifeNZ Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

So, I did a stupid thing and brought my totem thatvwas 550km away from home back to my Golden Settlement.

Is there any way to put it back where I had it. I am not planning a trip back there anytime soon.

Grrr! Me and my stupid tired brain 😭

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30

550km? Wow but ouch! Sorry to hear that.

is your personal settlement close to golden settlement or where you want the totem needs to be at? If so, tap on the personal settlement icon on the side bar in totem map selector view

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

No there isn't. One way to do this is to move your personal settlement to a location so that you can always send your totem to it. The personal settlement isn't much use anyway, so you don't miss much. I'm still not sure what VP goes there and what goes to your local region, however. It wasn't an issue with national regions, but is now.

• CATANGrayCATANGray Moderator Posts: 268 Moderator

That's a bummer, this has happened to me too 😪

At the moment, there is no such feature. You can only move your Totem which is currently visible from your Gamepiece view, or your Totem's view (apart from your Personal and Golden Settlement option in the map view). You could move your Totem slowly, by jumping from one Resource Center to another (which would require Tokens). But since you're 550 km away, it would take forever!

@Wind & @GandalfTheWhite's POV is accurate!

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

I honestly think that in Australia you'd be hard pushed to find 550km of POIs that you can hop between. In my local town 25km away I can just get there now I know how (and the movement cost is lower :), but not very far South or West of it, and I can't go North of home. East is the Pacific.

Also, our personal VP is going elsewhere now, so we're rethinking this strategy. I'm not certain how that works, because the daily update seems to reflect your current region, but checking the scores shows that our combined VP is greater than the regional vp for our faction. Obviously some VP is going to where the personal settlement is. Presumably the bonus vp is going locally, but we don't know.

We were liking the available virgin settlements in the remote location for winning boosts, but VP is more important!