News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Quest Weekend: Help Fenni to avoid the clippers! New Fenni Costume & Quest

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 195 Community Manager, Global
edited May 18 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers! 

Do you have what it takes to help out Fenni? It’s Fenni’s Shearing Season, but Fenni hopes to avoid the clippers and you can help her! Complete her special four-part Quest this weekend, starting on Friday May 7th PST, to receive up to 20 Gold and other rewards.

Why not also try to look your bah-bah-best? Customize your Game Piece with your very own all-new Fenni Costume, which can now be purchased from the Game Piece Builder. You can access the Game Piece Builder by clicking on your profile at the top left. Then open the Game Piece Builder by clicking the gear and brush icon on the bottom right side.

There is no time limit to complete this special quest, as long as you accept it before the Season ends. And remember: any Gold earned through special quests does not count against your daily Gold limit.

While you’re exploring this weekend, please be mindful of your surroundings, follow guidelines from local health authorities, and be sure to explore safely. And don’t forget, you can use your Totem to traverse the map from anywhere.

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Comments

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

I cannot believe that the game is not released to us globally and there are these events going on! This is ridiculous!!

It's better to concentrate on polishing the game and release it globally and then introduce these events!!

• WindWind Member Posts: 548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AshokaMaurya1 This is just testing to ensure the limited special quests will work as intended. Before the global release, the devs wants to make sure everything works and polished

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I guess 20 gold sounds like something that is very ”testy”.

5am Friday here and none of this yet.....should,i just wait til to,orrow then?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 195 Community Manager, Global

@Wind I forgot to add the time zone indicator. Thanks for mentioning this.

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

That looks super fun, loving the special event idea.

Do you have the start time? In PST is fine by me.

Also will future players have an opportunity to earn the costume as well? I am sure plenty are curious.

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 195 Community Manager, Global
    edited May 6

@Cargo The costume is a permanent addition to the game. The event is to celebrate its release.

edited May 6

Thanks @CATANdominik so new players who have not joined yet will eventually get an opportunity to earn the costume?

Also I assume the release you mention is the release of the costume itself and not the game?

@Carne Just to clarify: The Fenni Costume is not a reward for the quest. The Fenni Costume is a cosmetic item that has been permanently added to the Game Piece Builder. And yes, this has been in no reference to the launch of the game, I have been talking about the release of the costume.

Thanks for clarifying it, I appreciate your update.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

Isnt it 7th may already even for pst? How do we get the quest n costume?

• CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 56 Game Developer
    edited May 7

Explorers, a special message should be awaiting you in your inbox (found in the Journal)!

If you have not updated to 1.41.3 (nearly everyone has), then I'd encourage you to do so. If you do not see the message with subject "Fenni's Shearing Season" in your inbox, please restart your app.

Just in case it's needed - regarding the location of the outfit pieces within the Game Piece Builder, it specifically is found by opening the builder screen and selecting either the Hair, Shirt, or Pants tabs.

• ElBernardoElBernardo Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

This notification arrived on 8 May, is the concept of a round Earth confusing?

Just a tip for other players if your resources inventory is full you cannot receive the attachment to the in game message and start the quest, making some room fixed it for me.

1000 for the hoodie? Is that a typo thats meant to be 100? @CATANdominik

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭

It’s just monetization with cosmetic stuff. Hopefully they continue on that road for long time.

I hope the game never becomes full pay2win like Pokemon Go has become.

• FleebleMopFleebleMop Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

@wind the economy in the game is a mess at the moment, I hope they adjust it. I'd be happy to spend real money on the game if the microtransactions were actually micro. $10 for an in-game hoodie is just wild. Even $2.50 to hold 5 extra resources is way too steep for such a small inventory increase.

Here's hoping it gets adjusted before release!

edited May 8

Oops I made an empty post, is there a way to delete posts?

Post edited by Carne on
  • BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Feedback on new quests...

Loved the concept, but for 20 gold it was FAR too easy. I raced through the tasks with only a few dice and 2 totem movements to my main settlements. I particularly liked the 'earn 50 VP' challenge in 4/4!

Food for thought... rather than a super basic quest that will take some of your more active players 5 minutes to complete... for 20 gold, why not tier the quest in the same way you do the Daily Quests? Easy (10 gold), hard (20 gold) & extreme (20 gold + skin or something extra... with challenges of more like 10k resources, in a 24 hr window!) Actually make it hard (like playrix does with township).

That way you'd cater to all the different playing styles/commitment levels.

In principal though, I love it.

• ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

feedback/bug

I completeled all 4 quests in around 15min. Had most of the resources and building cards ready to go.

I completed the last mission for 50vp and then my game had froze/timed out. Had to force close and reopen the game. I didn't see the final reward and the mail message popped up again as unread.

I've now restarted the whole quest from the beginning.

• MykanMykan Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

love the idea of event quests and really like the 50vp quest, something different. I think the quests were a decent balance in difficulty as more rural or new players could struggle if the quests are made too hard.

Ok i would prefer the challenge of those quests at the start of the season... mid or late season just makes it too easy to blast through.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

What about the bugs? Solving the main bugs should be the first thing to do.

A wolf in sheep’s clothing!

• SammiMDSammiMD Member Posts: 1

I finished all the parts of this quest and got zero rewards. Bitterly disappointing.

• ObborObbor Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

I’ll save my G at this stage.

to hard to come by.