News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Season 15: Winner Announcement

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 376 Admin
edited June 8 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers! 

The sun has set on another Season in CATAN – World Explorers. Congratulations to all Factions on a fantastic effort. The final tally…

Congratulations to the EAGLES with 650,833 Victory Points! Well played, Explorers.

Next Season will be Hay Fever Season! More information here.

Remember, at Season’s end:

• Scores reset, Settlements reset, and Resource Center locations change.
  • Card quantities (Resources, Mini Games, and Crafted Buildings) will be set back to zero.
  • Your Faction, Golden Settlement, Unlocked Cards, Boost cards, Totem Tokens, Explorer Points, and Gold will remain.

A new day dawns! Go and explore a whole new gameboard this Season! This Season will run from May 18th 2021, 8:30pm UTC to June 8th 2021, 8pm UTC.... so don’t waste any time!

Don’t forget to collect your Season rewards!

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Comments

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

i didnt get any achievement badges for winning local n global. Is it the achievement bugs or the season end bug (it shows i got 2nd and 3rd instead)

• FGBFGB Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

The settlement 'Original Gangsters' has changed into a resource, is this type of thing normal? Or are settlement placements ment to stay put?

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

It still shows 2nd and 3rd for all of us Eagles when receiving rewards. One of us didn't get any rewards, no screen showing at all.

• EwcalyptEwcalypt Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

Echoing what others have said - I'm eagle and came first in my local area, as well as obviously global. But the rewards I received were for 3rd place.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

@FGB

With each new season, everything is changed.

Some settlements change locations. Others stay in the same place.

The resources are no longer the same.

• RagdollieRagdollie Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Same as above. No reward for winning the local area or the global area. :-(

• KamikazeDan1KamikazeDan1 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

Can we please have an option to go back and look at our past season/s results? I think 2 seasons running my game has glitched so that I can't look at the result when i first log in after the change, and then they're gone. It'd be nice to be able to see which things we did better than the previous season.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

For once the eagles also gain the overall score ...

I should have known ...

I have always won the local score and have always been rated third ...

• MykanMykan Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Nice to win global (and local) but sadly game decided that was third place. Even more disheartening when a new quest requires you to have EP to spend but never received what was earned.

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 376 Admin

Hi - We are looking into the ranking issue. We believe this is a visual bug because we checked a few accounts that reported this issue in this thread, and see that EP was rewarded at the end of the season appropriately. Either way, we are digging in on this. Appreciate the continued reports!

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 376 Admin
    edited May 20

@Mykan We took a look at our records and it looks like you received 20 EP when the season restarted which is what leads us to believe this is just a visual bug. Is it possible that maybe the EP was added to your account silently?

Post edited by CATANFiona on
  • MykanMykan Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Thank Fiona. I wasn't in a position to check the EP prior to receiving the rewards so could not compare them afterwards, it could be very well be only a visual issue.

• LadywolfLadywolf Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Do you get a local award if your team did not win global? I received no notification and my achievements has 0/0 for local wins

• FGBFGB Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

@Tahalnyou 

Changing settlements that people use is stupid, this has rendered me basically useless this season.

• EwcalyptEwcalypt Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

@FGB It's to encourage you to get out and explore the world, as per the name of the game.

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 195 Community Manager, Global

@Ladywolf @Mykan @TheCombobulator I checked-in with the development team about those issues and they told me visual issues with the end of Season scoring should be fixed in the latest update. (My assumption is that you were still playing under the previous one and hadn't updated.) Please let us know if those issues persist despite this assumption.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭

The update was not out until few hours after seasons end so noboby probably was able to test it.