Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Mayor rewards and notifications not received

DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Heard through the grapevine last night that messages were received by people who became Mayor. Thought it was odd I didn’t get any as one of only a few players in my suburb. Definitely became Mayor on some.

59 votes

Bug: Working On A Fix · Last Updated

We are working on a fix for this issue. Ticket #12011.

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

It appears some got notifications, while others did not.

Am wondering if it is related to player level

I'm only L7

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

Seems like it’s related to whether you played a full week or not. I lost my original account when relinking all my Nia profiles so started again part way through the week.

I’m higher level than others who received notifications so doesn’t appear to be a level issue.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭

I had logged in every day, but couldn't do the daily toss, due to not being able to recycle Resources.

• RickJnrRickJnr Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

I’ve become Mayor of a few settlements recently but haven’t received any notifications or rewards.

I’ve only started playing 5 days ago & most of the settlements, I’ve visited twice or more & built & grew it as well.

The settlements I’ve discovered & rolled only, I’ve yet to check as they are a bit further away from my usual stroll/run route.

The mayor update happened on the settlements at 9,30pm but no employment letters were sent out again, which presumably means the following will continue to happen:

Next week, we will get a message saying the term has begun and we will receive this week's rewards.

Next week, we will also receive a message saying the term has ended. (Is this one actually necessary? I feel like I need a spam filter on the inbox.)

Next week, we may or may not get another letter telling us the term has started.

It's really difficult to work out from one week to the next which ones we actually won the elections on :-(

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

I woke up expecting to see a heap, since I have been recording what I have been doing this season and was "put out" when I didn't get any.

As I mentioned in another thread, having contributed 23 or the 29 points to a settlement, I feel like that should have given me Mayor for the week. But it didn't.

Seems to be a weekly issue; did not receive an in game notification that I became mayor of a settlement since the start of Season 4. Therefore missing rewards and any badge increments..

(Screenshot from 16th August, 10.28am)

(Pixel 3a, Android 10 (August 2020 Security Update), 1.6.4

Did anyone else get Mayor Notifications on the 16th?

No. Didn't expect to due to the bug. First week of every season after the reset they don't work.

23rd August - had 12 notifications in my inbox

9 mayor notification and 3 term ended

3 of those mayor notifications were for last week

I knew I had become mayor of one settlement on the 16th as the settlement was around the corner from my house and I have been dumping excess resources into it and saw me standing there on my visit on the 16th; I was not aware of the other two.

(what is with those posts from the 1st and 3rd in this thread - looks like they have been mod moved into this thread, yet have nothing to do with it)

Combining threads because they're all for the same bug would be my guess

30th August - no mayor notifications received again

Confirmed I am mayor of at least four settlements (few more still to visit)

• XellXell Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Same here. No notifications.

None again today.

Also a whole lot of settlements that still don’t have a mayor on them, even though the update must have run because they changed on some settlements.

This is starting to get tiresome.

Oh ****!

I logged in on Sunday after not logging in on Saturday at all, saw that I didn't have any notifications on being mayor from the first week of the season or the second (though of course it is possible I didn't become the mayor on any).

I have now walked away from the game ..

There is zero point in playing when all three forms of gaining a reward (mayor bonus x2 and end of season bonus) either don't work or have been removed from the game

• FresspapaFresspapa Member Posts: 56 ✭✭

I've been the only player contributing to some settlements for over a week now, but I have not seen any info on becoming a mayor. is this feature at all active? when does the week roll over? do you have to contribute a whole week before becoming eligible, so if you start playing in the middle of a week, that half week does not count at all?

edited December 2020

@Fresspapa This is what the thread is about; on Sunday morning here in New Zealand, you would wake up to in app notifications (in your inbox) that you were mayor. Open the notification, get a boost card.

However the first week of the last few seasons - no notification of becoming mayor even though if you went to a settlement you would see that someone has become mayor.

Post edited by CATANGray on
  • IIsaltycoinsIIIIsaltycoinsII Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited October 2020

I contributed solely to many settlements in my area this week starting from Sunday the 4th, yet no mayor was elected at any of the settlements I've been checking since this Saturday. It just shows "---" under the mayor banner. Is this a glitch or something I'm not understanding correctly?

On top of this I've got so many locked out resources that have been broken for over 4 days. I understand this is beta but niantic have the game monetized and I & many others have spent real money on this game, the expectation is improvement and fixes or if it's not functional please refund or credit our funds. A transaction is a contract.

• 007007 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭

Yeah i contributed to like 5 settlements where im the only person using) this season.

Haven't got any mayor rewards? :/

• LexlianaLexliana Member Posts: 16 ✭✭

It's an known bug

• Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

I’ve been playing since release in Denmark on 6th of October. I expected to receive mayor role after 7 days. There are settlements where I’m the only contributor. But didn’t receive the role.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭

@Janhm73, the whole system is just totally broken. They have tried to fix it for 3 months now without success.

• Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭

@AjanHukka ah ok. Thanks

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭

There is no mayor in a settlement when there clearly should have one. (Now)

Before season ended yesterday.

Thian Ling Chong Toh Tong temple

472 Changi Rd, Singapore 419890 (im not allowed to post links)

Also, if the settlement disappears there is no mayor? What a waste of resources.

• RedbirdRedbird Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Same here only red player but the blue is mayor...

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Very frustrating

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

How is this possible? I’m the golden eagle player and contributed the most to this settlement, including expansion.

• LummairLummair Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Been mayer in several settlements for the last few weeks, but nothing in form of rewards or notifications.