News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Event: Exploration Weekend (Hay Fever Season)

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 195 Community Manager, Global
edited June 8 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorer! 

It’s time to make your mark on the gameboard! From Friday, May 21st at 4:00pm UTC to Monday, May 24th at 4:00pm UTC, Explorers will receive more rewards for discovering new Settlements and Resource Centers. As an added bonus, discover new Resource Centers and Settlements, and you’re guaranteed a Building Card!

Your In-Game Mailbox has a little something special waiting for you when the event starts—free Totem Tokens.

While you’re exploring this weekend, please be mindful of your surroundings, follow guidelines from local health authorities, and be sure to explore safely. And don’t forget, you can use your Totem to traverse the map from anywhere.

- The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on
Tagged:

Comments

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

Just checking as people will be curious as well, you mention settlements @CATANdominik, has getting extra rewards for discovering settlements been corrected to work this season?

• WindWind Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 21

Hey @CATANdominik

Are the discovering a settlement broken???

When i discover. No tiles.

Harvest gives me nothing lol

And it works after harvest to place buildings

What is your intention for settlements during explorer weekends????

Post edited by Wind on

Oh & did not get mail in my inbox...@CATANFiona @CATANGray @CATANEir @CATANdominik

• NdorfynNdorfyn Member Posts: 31 ✭✭

No in game message has arrived at my inbox yet, as of 9pm UTC 21stM May.

• DiabolicalClayDiabolicalClay Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Nothing in my inbox yet, no free totem tokens, no rewards at settlements either. Quite disappointing. Did someone forget to press the ‘start event’ button?

• NavigatorNavigator Member Posts: 32 ✭✭

I am with Wind. Nothing in my inbox. No free totems as promised. It is Saturday 0800 UTC. What is going on?

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

As above. No in game mailbox totems

• MrMXMrMX Member Posts: 24 ✭✭

Nothing in my inbox either.

• NavigatorNavigator Member Posts: 32 ✭✭

Still nothing in my inbox

• DiabolicalClayDiabolicalClay Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Still nothing.

• StraeshiStraeshi Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

Same with empty inbox

• Suzyau66Suzyau66 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭

Still nothing in my inbox. I stopped exploring with totem as it was costing to much coins due to bug.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

@CATANdominik isn't the hard daily Gilda Quest meant to be Grain?

@Grogyan these gilda daily tasks got 10 or so different ones changed at midnight UTC!

@CATANdominik

The above daily quest was activated just before 5am local. I had already completed yesterday's quest. However after I left the house for work, the quest had disappeared, and was not given an option to start another

@Wind the quest I was given this morning was the same as yesterday. However due to starting it before 5am, when it shouldn't have let me, has meant that no Daily Quest has been provided for today, after 6am

• GrowLongDragonGrowLongDragon Member Posts: 19 ✭✭✭
    edited May 25

Gilda is still giving out more wool than other resources during daily recap. Can she give out more grain instead? I haven't eaten for days because only 10 out of 100 resource centers in my region this season is grain.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 522 ✭✭✭✭

You could turn some of your wool producing centers into meat. 🥩😋

• CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 56 Game Developer

(fenni terrified.gif)

It sounds like Gilda was still offloading wool from Shearing Season. From what I understand, she'll be rewarding more grain instead of wool in the near future.

Daily Quest offerings are random and not tied to seasonal theme, the chances of receiving the same quest twice should be very slim but if it's happening regularly to people or under a repeatable condition we can definitely take a look.