Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Full inventory prevents building

GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

App: 1.0.1

Mobile: Galaxy S9+

Unable to build on a Settlement if Inventory is full.

Game forces you to recycle, if possible, even though, those resources are saved up to use on said Settlement

Game is almost unplayable because of this

9 votes

Bug: Not Enough Information · Last Updated

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 270 ✭✭✭

Raising this severity to.

Severe

As it severely affects gameplay to being unplayable

Here is a short video of how unplayable it is when trying to use gathered resources from a full inventory to use on a Settlement

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

Wouldn't you just play or recycle one of the mini game cards, so you can at least continue?

Not if you are specifically saving your cards to upgrade a settlement.

The current mechanic means you are forced to recycle something, which means that you would not have the resources to upgrade the settlement to fullest.

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

That makes no sense. You’re not guaranteed to get something on the mini games and they literally fall out of the sky so there’s no need to hold that many.

Have you actually stopped to read that? It’s not telling you to recycle something from your inventory, it’s telling you to recycle an uncollected reward. Did you click on a shrub or something when you were maxed out?

No, and yes to picking up shrubs, happens constantly either way.

and yes I did read messages about recycling those rewards into RP.

Nor do I want to recycle Resources when I am attempting to upgrade a settlement, when those resources, help to get just get 1 more VP, or clear out resources enough to continue harvesting elsewhere

So what you want to happen, if I’m reading this right, is hold those extra cards that drop when you’re maxed out, and once you’ve used a card, have those then add to a slot you’ve used. Literally no Niantic game does that.

In Catan they’re giving us RP for picking up things along the way when we’re at max inventory. The other games give us nothing.

FWIW here is how mine works when both resource and card space is full. It’s absolutely fine. You just need to recycle the excess ones you’re picking up after you’ve maxed out.

Ingress does this, as does all their games

Use resources where they are used in their respective games, until below the max inventory threshold.

Ingress, Pokémon GO and Wizard's Unite all do not badger you constantly to recycle Resources, or buy more inventory space.

And yes, once you are below that max cap, with the resources gained, adjust trades, or use the die toss to get the resources needed for crafting more cards. This would make the game more engaging to play.

I haven’t played Ingress for a few months but my recollection is no, you can’t go over and above inventory space if it’s full. You certainly can’t in PoGo or WU (exception in WU is rewards for daily tasks.) In both PoGo and WU you just get a message telling you that space is full but nothing for that extra spin etc.

Key difference: Catan is giving you something for going above the max inventory. It’s not impacting what is in your actual inventory.

Why would you not want to salvage that for RP when it’s one of the most useful things you can get in the early game.

edited July 2020

@CATANAtlas

Those other games, yes you can, and frequently go over inventory, and not being badgered to spend real money to upgrade, which a lot of people just do not have the financial budget to support that.

And those other games do not physically stop you from playing. Unlike CWE.

Still the same in app version 1.3.4

My miniscule budget for video games is currently spent with Ingress, and I have a full time job.

• SarinisSarinis Member Posts: 0 ✭✭
    edited November 2020

I cannot craft any Cards for Town ( cranes , markets ) when i have limit for those 5/11 but he says inventory is full..yes it is full of resources...but cards slots are free.

See the crafting tab ( blocked cannot craft)

but that is the point.. i want to craft something to free up my resource backpack...instead i believe he sees that any from the backpack is full..

Keep up the fantasic work. Game is amazing.

Sar.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@Sarinis, 5/11 is how many common cards you have unlocked, it’s not how many you have.

You see 41/40 in the last image. That’s your card inventory and it is full indeed.

61/60 is your resources, and it is full too. Just as you said.

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 239 Admin

Hello - We have been through several releases since this issue was raised, and there haven't been any recent upvotes or comments to this post. This leads us to believe this issue may be fixed. Please let us know if the bug reported is still occurring by upvoting this issue, otherwise we will be closing it out. Thank you!

@CATANFiona this is still an ongoing issue, especially with new players who are stuck with a tiny inventory

It seems like some of the confusion in this thread was around unlocked cards and inventory. This should be cleared up with the backpack update we recently released.

If anyone is experiencing the issue that OP posted, can you please explain in detail what you are seeing so that we can investigate?

This bug report has been closed because it has not received any recent comments or upvotes. If you are experiencing this issue, please create a new bug report or upvote an existing one.

This discussion has been closed.