Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

Very unhappy with the massive price increase for totem tokens

ReynardoReynardo Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

It used to be that you would spend 250 gold for 80 tokens (3.125 gold each), 150 gold for 40 tokens (3.75 gold each) and 100 gold for 25 tokens (4 gold each).

Now it's 400 gold for 90 tokens (4.44 gold each), 290 gold for 60 tokens (4.83 each) and 150 gold for 30 tokens (5 gold each). that is a massive increase - 40% or more. Combine that with the number of times the tokens don't open a settlement, or the settlement is bugged, and it becomes really expensive. I was willing to spend $3.98 for 400 gold to get 120 tokens (80 plus 40). I'm not willing to spend that to get fewer tokens.

Please revert the prices, or drop them even lower.

10 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭
    edited June 10

I have stopped buying tokens for now, an easy fix. They were heavy handed with their change and their sales will show it easily enough.

Was very expensive before but now ludicrous, happy to save some money until the price is adjusted.

I am getting the same bugs as mentioned above as well, I do not trust the Totem to work properly at the moment so am not using it to explore at all. Pity as it was a nice feature. Certainly not working as advertised.

The FAQ is totally out of date too;

They used to advertise the totem feature on the iOS store but have removed it and a few other images in their recent image update.

This is from January mind so is quite old;

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

Other than the 2 days I was sick at home.

The Totems are essentially redundant. They still serve a purpose for rural players and players who have little to no wayspots.

This is good, though urban and suburban players just need to go outside and not rely on Totems

You highlight a good point there @Grogyan it is an unfair extra cost on the rural and low density POI players, for those in the urban areas it is an annoyance but taxing those who rely on it more is most unfair.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭

The totem is very useful for planner sorts like me. My real life has some massive complications in it. I don't always have a lot of time to play. Totems are awesome but now very expensive.

I have very much enjoyed using the totem to construct settlements near me with build cards collected from higher density areas.

My current plan is a rare resource a loop and a crane/staple house loop. Being able to totem in to secure the star tiles on those 8 settlements has been very good.

The cost though is to explore is 15 and discover is 15 so I have spent over 150 totems in the last few days to do that .... It's been quite costly. .... And totem crashes .....