Off-Topic

Best Buildings for Victory Points

KrudlerKrudler Member Posts: 2

If you are going for pure VPs, I made a table thats compared the "Resources Cards per VP" for every building and Level. Unfortunatley, I can't post it but the results surprised me.

Fairground is the best with 3.0 Resources Cards per VP at Level 5 (Max).

Town Plaza is second with 3.18 Resources Cards per VP at Level 10 (Max).

Comunity Center is third with 3.27 Resources Cards per VP at Level 10 (Max)

While the Tier 3 VP buidings are rubbish.

Comments

• NdorfynNdorfyn Member Posts: 56 ✭✭✭
    edited June 21

Nitpick: Fairground goes to lvl 10.

Fairground, Plaza and Festival Hall still have their bonuses from last season. When they lose them, community centres will be No.1 again

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 156 ✭✭✭

@Krudler Have you calculated for the monument?

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭✭

The monument is not that good, but it does have the significant advantages that it also provides resources, and is an almost 'bottomless pit' for using up resources. This is more valuable now that your personal settlement is available from anywhere.

I calculated the vp for all vp buildings in a spreadsheet, but I don't think it'll paste properly here. The results are (without additional bonuses):

VP RC/VP VP/RC building

185 3.43 0.29 CC

85 3.88 0.26 Fairgrounds

160 3.97 0.25 tavern

590 4.15 0.24 M

285 4.16 0.24 Archive

245 4.84 0.21 FH

That's vp, Resource cards per vp, vp per resource card, name at the end to aid formatting. Tavern is all of Tavern, Weaver and Plaza.

Community Centre is best, Festival Hall the worst. Fairground is surprisingly good. As I mentioned, the monument is the most beneficial overall.

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monument, most versatile ever.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭

I guess it will depend quite a lot which resources are common in players area as the numbers are that close. CC may be the best but if one doesn’t have just those resources it requires the table will turn.

• DanSoloDanSolo Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

Fairgrounds - max points 366 (6initial, + 6*6*10) - 366 resources - 1/1 ratio - best

Community Centre - max points 197 (2 initially + 2*6*10 + 75 bonus) - 666 resources - 0.3/1 ratio - worst.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 6

Fairgrounds - (1 + 9*6)*1 (cards) + (10*3)(bonus) = 85 VP, (1+9*6)*6=330 resources 85/330=0.2576 VP/resource

CC- (1 + 9*6)*2 (cards) + (25 + 50) (bonus) = 185 VP, (1+9*6)*11=605 resources 185/605=0.3058 VP/resource

I don’t really see how you got those numbers @DanSolo 🤔

• ColoniusColonius Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited September 7

@AjanHukka The Build Bonus for Fairgrounds was changed (quietly) from 3 VP to 5 VP a couple of seasons ago.

So Fairgrounds has max 105 VP, requiring 330 resources to craft: An efficiency of 0.3182 VP/Resource.

@DanSolo The Build Bonus for "Culture Buildings" like Fairgrounds is applied only every time you go up a level, not every time you play a card. So the first Fairground card gives 1+5 VP, the next 5 cards give 1 VP each, and the next one after that gives 1+5 VP again.

Also, note that for your calculations, for a building with 10 levels, a total of 55 cards are required to reach max level. For the first level, you only craft one card, for the remaining nine levels, you craft 6 cards per level, so that's 1 + 6*9 = 55. In the formula, it's 6*9, not 6*10.