News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Event: Invite Your Friends to Friendship Expedition! (And get a free Robber Costume)

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global
edited July 20 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorer! 

The time has come to expand your exploration party and who better to partner up with than your friends? Spread word during the Friendship Expedition event to earn or win new and exciting bounties.* It is easy to participate: Just invite a single friend to play with you and earn the new Robber Costume for free – and there are even more individual and Faction rewards to be earned if you are up for a competition.

The Friendship Expedition event will run from June 22nd (5pm UTC) to July 2nd (5pm UTC). Only friends invited during this time period will count for the rewards and prizes.

There are three ways to gain rewards during the Friendship Expedition event.

– (1) Invite a friend!–

All you have to do is invite a single person to play CATAN – World Explorers with you. They then have to add you as their first  friend and reach level 5 before the event ends.

Reward: A full set of the Robber Costume items. This is the only way to earn the Robber Costume for now.  (The Robber Costume will only be awarded at the end of the event, not upon completion of the invite steps. It will be added to the accounts of everyone who fulfils the criteria on or about July 4th.)

You and your friend have to complete the following steps so you get the reward:

1. Invite your friend. Either via the Niantic Cross Game Social Invite button (accessible through the friends list), or by just asking them to download the game.
  2. Your friend has to install the game during the time window of the event.
  3. Your friend has to add you as their FIRST friend. (Only the first person they add as a friend will gain the reward. As this is the only way we can attribute who invited them to the game, make sure to be their first friend they add.) Read how to add a friend here.
  4. Your friend has to reach level 5 in CATAN – World Explorers within the time window of the event.

– (2) Invite the most friends! –

If you are among the top 3 people who invited the most friends (through the system outlined in 1), we will mail you a Niantic Shop swag pack with physical items.*

Rewards: The top 3 players with the most friends invited will each be sent the following items from the Niantic Shop:

All the friends you invite have to complete the steps outlined in 1 during the event window to be counted for your score.

*No purchase necessary. Terms and Conditions apply: https://nianticlabs.com/promotionterms/. For the “Invite the Most Friends” portion of this promotion: (i) prizes can only be shipped o an address in: New Zealand, Australia, Denmark, Singapore, or Switzerland; (ii)Winners will be contacted through the email used when registering their account on or about July 4th; and (iii) Their player names will be announced as a follow-up post to this forum thread.

– (3) Boost your Faction! –

If your Faction invites the most people during this event, all players in your faction will receive an exclusive bonus quest that features exciting rewards.

Rewards: The bonus quest for the winning faction will award the following rewards:

• 1x Epic Minigame Pack
  • 100x Totem Tokens
  • And more

To keep things fair: The winner for the Faction competition will be determined by the AVERAGE number of invites per active player. So each faction (no matter the number of overall players) will have a shot to earn this quest. Every invite counts!

New Worlds, New Friendships

Helpful hint to get you started—Invite friends already enjoying other Niantic titles. And remember, to guarantee credit for your invite, tell your invitees to add you as their first friend. Also we want to remind you that certain profile information will be shared with others, if you add them as a friend, more about this can be found here.

A quick reminder: CATAN – World Explorers is only available in the following countries: New Zealand, Australia, Singapore, Denmark & Switzerland, so you will only be able to invite friends from those countries.

We hope you enjoy Friendship Expedition!

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Faction

Post edited by CATANFiona on
Tagged:

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21

@CATANdominik this is a very serious hazard. You still have 28 hours to rethink some elements. Don’t make the game get bad reputation before it even exists. 😬

• LinkMatrixLinkMatrix Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

Haha. “Hey buddy, want to play a beta game called Crashtan?” Apart from the real responses in this thread already, I don’t know anyone who has the right OCD levels to play a game like this, never mind stick through the glitches.

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well @CATANdominik , wheres the common sense ?

a missed opportunity event that best saved for thr global launch ...

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

The costume looks super cool!!!

I'm kinda a bit shy don't have a lot of friends to invite lol

Did try to convince my board gaming friends on the weekend... My friends in Melbourne have a an actual couchie too and so far have yet to get them to play any Nia game ..... I suspect it's some form of self preservation ... Once you fall hard into AR games it's very difficult to stop.

Niantic games opened my world view incredibly.

@CATANdominik I have a question .... If inviting from your friend list aren't they automatically on the friend list and there's no adding to be done? So how can they add you first? 🤔 How does it work?

Does your friend get the robber costume as well?

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

@ZinkyZonk from the wording of it, it sounds like they dont. Hence they are robbed of it ;)

• RatoxRatox Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

How I feel...

• ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited June 22

😂 top 3 winners will be pogo trainers with the most alt accounts.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

Everyone I know is either already playing, or not interested in Catan.

• JxtigerJxtiger Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

My friend has followed the steps, added me as first friend and level up to 5. However, I have not receive the robber costume.

• MrMxHBMrMxHB Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

My friends can't log in as they get a failed when trying to log in with Facebook. :(

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global

@Jxtiger I just updated the event announcement to clarify this point: "The Robber Costume will only be awarded at the end of the event, not upon completion of the invite steps. It will be added to the accounts of everyone who fulfills the criteria on or about July 4th."

• NdorfynNdorfyn Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    edited June 24

@Jxtiger it doesn't say so above, but it does in the email I got about this.

The costume will be given out on the 4th of July after the event.

@CATANdominik please edit the post above ... did it While I was typing. nice work!

• ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited June 24

Sent my friend an invite, she downloaded the game, played through the introsteps, when she finally got to the point she could see friends she went to add me. However a different name automatically popped up and then I popped up second without needing to add the friendcode. The other was someone from her Pokemon friendslist. Would that person receive the Robber outfit instead of me?

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global

@ChopStiR If you got added because of automatic Niantic Social friends synchronisation you will automatically count as a "first Friend". So don't worry, you will get the Robber Costume, as long as your friend now levels up to level 5.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

I have invited a few players, but they prefer to wait for the world release.

Especially since they saw me relaunch the game several times during the demo ...

95% of my friends are in the non-beta zone, and I can't remember the names of my Australian friends from HPwu.

So too bad for the thief's costume ... 😥

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik didn't received my costume and a friend has installed the game during the event, added me as his first friend and reached lvl 5 like expected

• Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

@CATANdominik when do you expect to send out the robber costume?

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

@CATANdominik Is there a chance to earn the "Robber costume" for all the non-beta players once the game is fully released!???

• JxtigerJxtiger Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

I've seen the robber costume in my profile, they are not free after all, despite going through all the steps to level up my friend's account. Total cost 1,000+250+250=1,500gold.

• Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited July 14

@CATANdominik when do you expect to send out the Robber custume. I know the person i invited made it to lvl5 in the timeframe. But the custume in the app is not free.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik didn't receive the costume... And I'm not alone in that case... We had a friend who installed the game and add them as first friend. Then they have reached lvl 5 before 2 July. Could you check that with support please? Support tell us to ask about that here...