News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

VOTING CLOSED: WINNER ANNOUNCED IN THREAD - What should Roger’s new name be?

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global
edited July 9 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers!

As you know, I have been facing a severe personal crisis, since my beloved Shrubs were taken away from me. I understand now that it was necessary for the future of the competition. Thank you all for submitting new names and professions for me. I can already see so many new possibilities on the horizon, so much to explore, so many new Settlements to discover. I feel like a different person. And soon I will bear a fitting name for my new life.

I have selected the best suggestions from the community of Explorers and narrowed it down to 10 that I liked most. Now it is decision time! Please help me to pick my new name. 

Please vote by Friday, July 2nd, 2021. Once the final votes have been cast, the team will announce my new name as a reply to this thread. They promised me to update it in the game as soon as possible – whenever they will find a minute in between fixing this annoying bug that lets the Resource Bundles fly up in the air and out of my reach.

Yours

The Catanian formerly known as Roger the Shrubber

Post edited by CATANFiona on

VOTING CLOSED: WINNER ANNOUNCED IN THREAD - What should Roger’s new name be? 35 votes

Roger the Resourceful
45%
GrogyanCarneCatanAtlasLeiandraZinkyZonkChopStiRJanhm73Suzyau66CharmqNdorfynMykanHejmdalHederaTheCombobulatorXxBibziexXKiz1 16 votes
Roger the Collector
2%
Ratox 1 vote
Roger the Researcher
2%
AshokaMaurya1 1 vote
Roger the Reasonable
0%
Roger the Rummager
5%
FiddleheadNZStolenFame 2 votes
Roger the Roamer
8%
M42WindPkmnTrainerJ 3 votes
Roger the Rambunctious
5%
frogginzBaggs 2 votes
Collin the Collector
2%
HtoZdes 1 vote
Bernie the Bundler
20%
Theking465AjanHukkadanastreYondabyMike5619IcemanRjontebula 7 votes
Graham the Gatherer
5%
NavigatorGeoGuido 2 votes

Comments

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Roger the Resourceful

Oh they are all pretty good!

• jontebulajontebula Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Bernie the Bundler

Barnie the Bundler are the best and more cool name.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    Bernie the Bundler

Roger the Resourceful sounds the most obvious one. I guess it suits him well although Bernie the Bundler sounded quite nice too.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭
    Roger the Resourceful

I see Gary the Gray didn't make the cut.

Nor

Roger the Plentitude 😕

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global

To be honest: Roger the Plentitude was on my short list, but then I had to drop one more to get it down to 10 (as our forum system only allows 10 options for polls). It wasn't an easy choice to make. 😥

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin

Greetings Explorers,

Thanks to you, I am a reborn man! I have found a new meaning to life. 

Ever since I was a little Catanian, I was known to be a resourceful man. And here I am today, my resourcefulness finally being recognized by all of you. What a glorious day!

Please don’t take notice of my fellow Catanians, who call me Roger the Resourcefull. Contrary to rumors, I don’t tend to hoard on the resources that I encounter at the Resource Centers in my explorations.

I shall make my triumphant return to the game in the next Season. 

Until then!

Yours,

Roger the Resourceful