News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Season 18: Lumberjack Season (and a new way to get your Season quest)

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global
edited July 9 in News & Announcements

It’s Lumberjack Season!

You can’t build your buildings without some Cedar, Cherry, or Douglas Fir. In other words, Lumber is the in-demand resource this Season! 

• Gilda’s trade rates will be improved from 7:1 to 4:1 for Lumber trades
  • Lumber Market returns more Lumber per Building Level
  • This Season’s Forest Management quest rewards you for your lumber-ous gameplay with RP, Gold, and XP!
  • Check out the Store for Season-specific packs: Daily Game Pack, Daily Lumber Pack, and Lumberjack Season Pack for an added boost!
  • Also there is a change on how you will get the season quest: Previously it was kicked-off by a message in your in-box. This time it will automatically start once you uncover your first location

Make like a tree and log on! (At least that’s what all the lumberjacks are saying…)

A new Season is about to begin… Are you up for the challenge? Do you have what it takes to guide your Faction to a win next Season?

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on
Tagged:

Comments

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

The dates for the start and end of the season is missing from the post!!

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’ll leavethe one after next will be a brickfest

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

Woohoo, new season quest!!! Hope it's a lot longer than this season's one.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

I got new season anticipation!!!! Bring it on!

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

@Wind Highly likely! Hope something big is planned for the game after that, i.e, for season 20.

Cough Global launch cough!

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29

These resource themes are like the simplest form of events possible. Those are already used now (except brick). I wonder if they do a recycle after release. 🤔

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

I hope the game doesn't unwittingly buy me the 1,500 Gold Season Pack this time around that I don't need ...

2 different packs a few days apart !!!

All the items take up space in my backpack, and I have no news of my refund request with return of objects ...

Being clicking on bundles and resource centers and suddenly seeing the word Purchased appear 😡😡😡

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

as you see.... the shop icon on the bottom right corner in overworld map is soooo stupid. Should stay in the backpack/settings screen that requires another click to enter

why this still there & not addressed? I am just saying people,will,1* the app in the store if that is not addressed. I know some of us will threaten to do so if that issue is not addressed. @CATANdominik

Well, accidental purchases are pretty bad form of monetization. It makes players to just become annoyed with the game and make them eventually spend less.

• MykanMykan Member Posts: 94 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to it. Wonder if we will see something like a research season in the future?

• LinkMatrixLinkMatrix Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

The Play Monument Cards in Forest Management is not working. Played 3 and none have registered. Not going to raise a bug because that is moderated now.

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

My completion keeps resetting

• HejmdalHejmdal Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Looks like my discovered places from the previous season hasn't been reset, not a big issue for me but might be an issue for people playing in rural areas.

• LadywolfLadywolf Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

What is happening with end of seasons rewards? I received 1 explorer point for walking but nothing for 1st place for global and local (and I scored around 1000 vp from memory).

• KamikazeDan1KamikazeDan1 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

So Um, ghow do we get the new quest? Mine hasnt shown up :(

• HejmdalHejmdal Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Looks like my discovered places has been reset now, well expect those I did interact with in this season so all is well :-)

@Hejmdal I think there was earlier discussion that you need to restart the game once more after season change to make them correct. I guess it uses some cache one step too late so they don’t show up OK at once.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Again had a lumber game pack in unwanted purchase on June 30th.

And I never touch the store symbol.

It always happens when I rotate the screen and click on a resource center or resource bundle.

Which makes me 2000 gold coins lost in ten days.

250 + 1500 + 250 = 2000

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

This is the first time I’ve seen a season end. Should I use all my mini game cards, or do I get to keep those?

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭
  • PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Thanks @Grogyan ! Dice rolling time it is then.