CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Off-Topic

1st anniversary of game in beta/soft launch

AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

Its during the end of June the preregistration for the game was opened and in the early July, 2020 was when the game was released in New Zealand. CWE has been in beta stage longer than any other Niantic game so far and still, it doesn't seem to come out of that stage. Hope the team is actually preparing for the global launch, as currently with all these events, the game clearly doesn't feel like a beta!!

Klaus's birthday was 4 days ago, so Happy birthday and once again I wish all the CWE explorers (online and offline) a very happy anniversary of beta!

Comments

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 1

This has been asked too a many times and even more and the answer has always been the same but I think it should be time to tell something about your roadmap @CATANdominik . 😅

Emphasizing more on ”What” instead of ”When”. That is really more interesting question. What are you still going to develop during beta before global launch beside fixing bugs, of course.

Especially now as the webinars seem to be cancelled after all (I’m totally agreeing about prioritizing the game development instead of webinars). You people told quite a lot of interesting stuff in those earlier. You could do that same simply here on the forum with some short points.

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

CWE always has a vague response for the global release questions, whereas other new games which were announced recently gave us an expected date. We all want to know the road map of the game as it's been a long time where the game doesn't feel like it's in beta anymore. They relase new features and many many events, with bugs and they fix it. It's what's happening in the other games and is available to everyone there. But in CWE, they just want the game to not be expanded at all!

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Seems pretty obvious to me... It would be viewed as Corporately Inappropriate to release a game designed to get people outside - when most of the world is in lockdown! Imagine the bad press! a majority of the countries included in the beta testing, were the countries doing fairly well on the COVID front.

Until such time as COVID is more under control across the globe, I don't think we should expect a global release...

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

@Baggs I don't know but the other recent AR game, Witchers one is do launching worldwide this month and currently everyone seem to be going back to the old days. Yes there are lockdowns in certain areas, but vaccinations are rapidly increasing and more and more people are coming out of the lockdowns. I don't want to be negative, but seeing how other companies in the same AR gaming field are doing, its obvious to question on CWE's growth.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17

In North America and Europe the pandemic is ”almost” over. Playing a game like this is also not even close to such hazards as restaurants, festivals etc. as with game you are supposed to be outside and not close to each other in tight spaces.

I would compare it to going out with other people jogging outside. The risk is pretty much on the samelevel with that.