News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Join the Fabled Harvest: Meet and play with fellow Explorers in the real world to reap great rewards

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin
edited July 20 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorer! 

Now that you’ve expanded your exploration party, it’s time to connect with fellow Explorers in the real world to complete a mighty task. We’re excited to announce this all-new undertaking—the Fabled Harvest! Gather friends together and meet up for the chance to unlock great benefits for both you and your team.

How will Fabled Harvest work? 

You will soon start noticing a wondrous Hot Air Balloon at select Settlements. These balloons mark Settlements where you can join a Fabled Harvest! Use our revamped Niantic Chat functionality to recruit fellow Explorers and meet at that Settlement to complete the task. Once at the POI, pay the event fee and enter the Settlement with your friends. You’ll have 45 seconds to complete a cooperative, fast-paced version of the dice minigame, as you try to gather resources needed to unlock a Fabled Building Card and a Fabled Trade Box. The Fabled Building Card will allow you to unlock a Fabled Building and provide you and your team with copious Victory Points. Unlike the normal Trade Boxes, the Fabled Trade Box will contain all resources. They are also the only type of Trade Box that can be exchanged for itself (Fabled for Fabled).

Along with Fabled Harvest, we’re also introducing the revamped Niantic Chat which makes it easier than ever to cooperatively play with other Explorers! In addition to the existing regional chat, you can now invite friends to private groups and set reminders on the map to coordinate your play. 

Note: You must be at least level 2 to access Niantic Chat. 

While exploring this weekend, please be mindful of your surroundings, follow guidelines from local health authorities, and be sure to explore safely. And don’t forget, you can use your Totem to traverse the map from anywhere.

- The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Comments

• stefanoxstefanox Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Pleeeease release fast XD

• vinpucvinpuc Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

me rn out of beta region 🥺😭

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

What are the start and end dates of this event?

Because it's going to be difficult to meet in a rural area ...

And in the city center there is no one to watch the appearance of the hot air balloon.

Especially since the game announces very very often that I am offline in the city center.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Looks interesting. What date does it start?

• SnugglepotSnugglepot Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

please make it possible to enter the settlement without joining the fabled harvest. I do not have or want to spend that amount of gold when all I want to do is harvest dice or dump resource cards.

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

@Snugglepot can you tell us how much gold?

• CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 91 Game Developer

@Snugglepot There is a "Enter Settlement" button below the Start Fabled Harvest button that will grant you access to the settlement as usual.

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CATANEir Suggest try make 1* soloable at easy level and ** soloable at hard level & duoable at easy level. *** can be duo at hard level and so on..... dont make me rely on people all the time unless theres a remote raid feature.

not a fan of remoting with a totem, just gold,only or at least introduce a raid card that we can get in bundles

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

@CATANFiona and @CATANdominik

Woke up this morning to this?!? Can’t access game at all 😩

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin

Hi Explorers,

Sorry if this post was confusing. Fabled Harvests are not a specific event at a specific time, they appear randomly on the map 24/7! When you go out to explore, look for the Hot Air Balloons to join in on the fun!

I'll be editing the original post shortly to be more clear. Thanks for the feedback!

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin

@FiddleheadNZ can you write into support?

• SnugglepotSnugglepot Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Thank you for letting me know thay I can enter without paying the fee (100 gold).

To get to the update, find the app on app store and do an update. It is not highlighted as an “available update” by the way.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9

I kind of like the idea that there is a feature where you really need a relatively big group of people to complete something.

The harder levels will be hard or even impossible for rural players but fit city players well.

Though, I think that the VP rewards are a bit too much and the participation fee is too high. What about 20 coins/fable with much less VP from the cards that we see now.

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

I tried a level 2 solo and only achieved 11%. I don’t have 9 friends playing the game and certainly not enough to get to a settlement within an hour. The alternative would be to go the CBD and hope to find others. If we jump out of a settlement before the event starts do we get our gold back?

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried a 1* solo yet?

There's no way I'm blowing 100 gold until I've seen some data about how do-able these are...

Also, @CATANdominik @CATANFiona am I right in thinking these fable cards also disappear at season's end like usual?

Ill withhold my full opinion until we've all had a chance to try it, but initial thoughts are that 100 gold is on the steep side... its more than the max gold we can make in a day, so if it's going to become part of regular play for us, we could only do on every other day... and that's assuming we're not trying to upgrade anything at our GS.

Also, If anyone trying one could record it, I'm sure there's a community that would LOVE to see it!

Give us at least one freebie a day, or make it cheaper. I'd prefer the freebie.

• Gr1ff8Gr1ff8 Member Posts: 1

Hey can someone add me as a friend no one plays in my area 145990391507

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

@CATANFiona @CATANdominik there should be a free pass per day, in line with other games which include Raids

THAT SUCKED. REFUND PLEASE.

@CATANdominik @CATANFiona

Spent my 100 gold coins at my local settlement, it started counting down from 2 minutes, at 1 min 23 seconds, the count down froze and kicked me out of the event.

Tried getting back in, and the hot air balloon was gone! I didn't even get to throw a single dice.

What a rort.

edited July 10

How about the access is enabled by a Boost Card? That way you can get a free one with the daily quests, and maybe additional from season and freind quests. The card can still be available for 100 gold in the shop.

• FreezerbearFreezerbear Member Posts: 35 ✭✭

I got 76% on my first solo of a level 1 so it’s potentially solable. This is still less than ideal

edited July 10

Complete ****.

4 of us, with little idea what was going on, tbh, because they're was so little information, we got 17%!

The fact that there was a gaping hole in the middle, and we tried to avoid it by going to the side even slightly, which bounced the dice right into the middle lake, was a significant factor.

I feel that we just had 400 gold stolen from us.

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

Does the Fabled Building Cards get wiped end of season if you have ones unused in your inventory? I assume so but just checking.

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10

@CATANEir Will we see a Developer insights into the Fabled stuff?

want to ask, because there is still a great amount of QoL improvements needs to be done

Fabled Entry card (Special category) - program this card into the game that can be used as an entry ticket, cost 100 gold in store or mayor rewards from 3rd week (instead of park tiles harvester)

offer a free version, that can hold only one at a time, only grab once per day

reduce token costs to remote in. 30 is just...stupid. Please reconsider.

find out a way to enter fabled info as a second tap, not first tap cauz i want first tap to check into my settlement, same goes for totem mode

any chance you reconsider the amoumt of seconds per session..... would be good first tier is soloable 60s would be better over 45s

theres could be more to finetune.....

• ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 48 ✭✭

Im confused,

which settlement can these fable cards be played in?

Are the fable cards seasonal?

Im very discouraged and disappointed by the introduction of a gambling mechanic to the game.

edited July 10

Colour me confused too. There is literally zero information about how these cards work. Do we get to craft them, or are they just given to us the one time? If one time, it seems pretty pointless, as your are unlikely to get the large number required for the bonus, given a number of different cards. If we 'unlock' then, that's more interesting, but I'm assuming not.

All in all, asking us to pony up hard-earned gold to find out is atrocious. I'm boycotting them completely unless we get some clarity, and the awful nerfing of the dice games that I've complained about is fixed.

There have been far too many parts of this have that are utterly undocumented in the most part. This is just the latest of many, and we have to pay to find out to boot.

@ChopStiR I agree. It's beginning to look like a 'pay to win' design, and I was hoping they would avoid that.

The icon should have been the Hindenburg!

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

So the devs started the cash grab already in beta!?? No clear info as to how these raids work, and no info about the full global launch!! I think they are testing how much people will invest for the game in beta😂😅. Keep them coming so that eventually no one will have something positive to say.

They have so many ideas and that is appreciated. But what not is how they are executing them!!