CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Crashing Crashing Crashing

BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited July 12 in Report a Bug

I had thought this was fixed... but I've been playing for the past 1.5 hrs (or trying to)...

I've had over 30 crashes.

Sure fire ways the get a crash:

Try trading (with a friend)

Try to craft a card

Pick up a resource bundle.

Unbelievably frustrating. It came good again, for about 5 minutes, but back to Crashing now.

I tried to 'report Crashing' via Google play, but even that froze on me.

26 votes

Bug: Investigating · Last Updated

We are investigating this issue. Bug #18358

Comments

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭

With bug reports like these, it is a good idea to state your device.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra Exynos 2100 with 16Gb of RAM and not had this issue.

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Good idea Grogyan - I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Same...

Redmi note 7

Ram 3Go

• JamesausJamesaus Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Try to load friends list - crash

Access a settlement from the map - crash

Try to use totem, pay 15 tokens - crash - 5 restarts of the game later it wants 15 tokens to enter.

This is occurring a lot more since the fabled harvest update.

Samsung galaxy s10 5g

• All1r0GAll1r0G Member Posts: 59 ✭✭✭

App keeps frequently crashing when

1) scrolling through the friends list

2) open message from inbox

3) every other trade

Samsung galaxy s21plus

Today was worse than any other day before. The game kept crashing all the time, at least 20 times on my 3 hours sunday stroll...

...and right now the game won't even properly load.

Since the last update the crash doesn't show the send feedback option.

Is there a way we can do a debug and send that to the devs? This is getting ridiculous.

I have the clear cache and data multiple times just to be able to play most days.

Right now I'm onto attempt 11 since I started about 1:10pm already having lost 15 totem tokens due to it crashing so much that I can't access the settlement before the timer runs out and I have to pay 15 tokens to access.

• YondabyYondaby Member Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

I had constant crashing on startup last week. Clearing the cache and storage didn't help. I had to reinstall the app.

• 9Mike56199Mike5619 Member Posts: 60 ✭✭

I'm getting frequent crashes on my iPhone SE (game version 1.55.6). Happening when something major changes like selecting a Catanian, opening RC or Settlement or closing one of those.

• Shogun79Shogun79 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭

Google Pixel 5

With the new season the app just keeps crashing

• Qu33nAnG3LQu33nAnG3L Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

Crashing multiple times in new season !

losing tokens. Can’t take photo as game just crashes at any time randomly

ios 14.7.1 iPhone 11 Pro

• DavejjjjjDavejjjjj Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Constant crashing opening mayor rewards on v1.58 - after 4 or 5 the game crashes. Didn't have this on earlier versions.

I'm on ios 14.7.1, iphone 12 mini

• D151770LD151770L Member Posts: 32 ✭✭

Really getting hacked off with the constant crashes. This has got worse since last update. I am losing count of paw tokens being lost. The games seems to have perfected its crash at the point of maximum impact to the player.

iPhone 11 Pro 14.7.1

@CATANFiona

Are the Android crash reports being looked at or am I wasting my time submitting them?

• DavejjjjjDavejjjjj Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Still crashing with today's mayor rewards, this is going to take a while :(

• Qu33nAnG3LQu33nAnG3L Member Posts: 95 ✭✭✭

dams here trying to collect Mayor rewards. On clicking Claim, game just crashes !! And also takes so very longggggg to load again

@CATANFiona @CATANAguilar @CATANdominik

Yes crashing repeatedly trying to claim the rewards, started with 18, still have 6 to go and it's crashed at least 20 times.

These crashes have cost totem tokens and in 1 case 100 gold when I accidentally clicked the harvest (prior to the free ticket) and I couldn't get it to load and play until after that had timed out.

• GingerGinger Member Posts: 1

Having the crashing issue as well using Samsung S10e.

• GingerGinger Member Posts: 1

Game crashes constantly having issues doing anything sometimes crashes while loading sometimes I can play for a minute or 2 sometimes 5.

• CATANAguilarCATANAguilar Moderator Posts: 55 Moderator

Thank you for the report @Ginger. Your post is similar to an active thread. I've merged it for better visibility.

Still get crashes (app closing) on my iPhone SE. Usually happens when entering or leaving a settlement, but can be any major change of view.

• LouemiDiaLouemiDia Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Still crashing. 31 mayor messages, one crash but it took 100 years to open them and get the rewards. Deleting them worked fine (can we pls get a mark all and delete button? ).

Samsung s10e Version 1.58.4

• BaiXueErBaiXueEr Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited August 28

I have 4-5 clashes opening 25 major reward messages!

can this be fixed?!

iphone XR

edited August 30

I'm seeing a lot of crashes when reading notifications or accepting rewards. Just leaving the list of messages open for a minute or so will cause the app to close. When accepting Mayor/City Council rewards I was only able to collect 3 or 4 at a time before the app crashed. Still getting a few crashes elsewhere when major screen changes are shown but the notifications area is really bad. iPhone SE.

• TebiniumTebinium Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited September 8

Also opening Quest list causes crash. Using Note10+ 5G.

These seem to be regression errors. They occur every update.

• GlynnGlynn Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

This started happening to me the last few days. Mostly happens when doing anything in a settlement, trading with friends and using the totem. Lost so many totem tokens. Would like to keep playing until the end but it's almost unplayable.

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Ive had a lot more of this too this season