News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Friendship Expedition Winners

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin

Greetings Explorers,

Drum Rolls please!!

We are happy to announce the winners of the Friendship Expedition event! Thanks again to all of you who took part in this event, we hope you’ve enjoyed playing the game with your extended exploration party.

– Robber Outfits–

All of you who’ve added a new fellow Explorer into the game -- who has made it to Level 5 --should be able to see our brand new Robber Outfit in their Game Piece Builder menu.

– Winning Faction–

Congrats to the Bears, who have clawed their way to victory! Check your game inbox for your prize, which was sent out last week.

– Top inviters –

And last but not least, congratulations to Quacksquared for bringing the highest number of new explorers to the game board! A shipment of our Niantic swag will make its way to you soon :) We are still waiting to hear back from the other two winners, so make sure to check your email inbox to see if you’re one of them. 

Congratulations once again! 

Yours,

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Comments

• Janhm73Janhm73 Member Posts: 25 ✭✭

Hello.,

@CATANFiona I know i added a friend who got to lvl5 about 2 days before the deadline, but i still have to pay for the robber costume in the game. Can you please have a look ?

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

They never said it was free, no wait they did…

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin

Hey @Janhm73 we are looking into this for you.

Correct, you get the costume for free if you invited a friend and they got to level 5.

Hi @CATANFiona can you please look at mine too? Thanks :)

Thanks. I checked also with ingame support. But they claim the person i invited didnt get to lvl5. But its just not true. :-/

I was with him when he did.

• DonSockeyDonSockey Member Posts: 1

Hey @CATANFiona could you look at mine too

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

I didnt get it too

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭
    edited July 22

@CATANFiona @Janhm73 @Carne @DonSockey @Charmq @CatAnDog @CATANdominik

This is the message I have received by the support:

And this is the message I have read in the game:

Why "just asking a friend to install the game" is not way to earn the robber costume for free?

Lol i also got standard reply that i sent out 7 invites But no account made it to lvl 5.

i only sent out about 4 and atleast one made it to lvl 5 because i was playing with him at the time. It was more than 24 hrs before deadline, but support wont admiral that they are mistanken.

This is a joke @CATANFiona

I'm also sure that my friend did all the requests for that before the deadline. I have also played with him and check all of that.

This is a joke @CATANFiona

@Catanius @CATANFiona this is the reply I got. I’m not gonna spend any more time on this. I know I’m right, but arguing with support won’t help any bit. They just keep saying I send more invites than I did and none made it to lvl 5.

support also closed the conversation so for now I can’t comment ingame any further on the subject

at least I didn’t put any effort into this besides sending out 4 invites. The costume would have been cool though,

Now I just know that when free stuff is promised, it can’t be trusted.

• LizziLizzi Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

I'm in the same boat. Invited a friend who downloaded the game, got to level 5 way before the end of the promo, and no free costume.

@CATANFiona @CATANdominik @Janhm73

Is it a joke? Or just a troll?

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

Wow. Such a lame response by the support. I really feel sorry for you man.

@CATANFiona @CATANdominik The friendship event was first and foremost a bad design and on top of that, the instructions had to be very clear as to how the winners would be decided. Hope you guys will look into the issue and also not introduce these kind of events when the game is technically, "NOT GLOBALLY OUT!!"

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26

Well, the original text pretty clearly says that the invite was not needed. Support obviously is working according to different parameters.

I can see why invitation was needed as without it any new account would give a point to their first friend which would cause quite a some confusion.

Old Ingress players have probably been dealing with these same issues some years back but if you are not one it’s not so easy to see through it. 🤷‍♂️

These are the steps required and my friend and I have satisfied them, any update on this?

@Carne the last updates are:

- Niantic see nothing on their data. So they didn't trust us.

- support didn't care about that cause they are sure that we lie (their data don't show anything)

- It's well known that the game has no bug and also well know that Niantic support is perfect and they never make mistakes.

Also, according to them, the game is available globally!!

Thanks @CATANFiona much appreciated.

@CATANdominik @CATANFiona I very much feel happy for taking the criticism and feedback very positively. Keep up the good work!!

Thanks so much @CATANFiona @CATANdominik and all the Catan team!

• SliceAndDiceSliceAndDice Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

Thank you very much @CATANdominik @CATANFiona