News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Season 19: Bricklaying Season

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin
edited July 19 in News & Announcements

It’s Bricklaying Season!

The path to a Season win is clear because the road to it is paved in Brick!

• Gilda’s trade rates will be improved from 7:1 to 4:1 for Brick trades
  • Brick Markets and Brick Kilns return more Brick per Building Level
  • This Season’s Monumental quest rewards you with RP, Gold, and XP as you continue your brick by brick journey!
  • Check out the Store for Season-specific packs: Daily Game Pack, Daily Brick Pack, and Bricklayers Season Pack for an added boost!
  • New this season! To help in your quest, a Brick Kiln can be found in every Community Settlement.
  • And remember, if a red house is made from red bricks, and a blue house is made from blue bricks, a greenhouse is made... from glass!

A new Season is about to begin… Are you up for the challenge? Do you have what it takes to guide your Faction to a win next Season? This Season will run from July 20th 2021, 8:30pm UTC to August 10th 2021, 8pm UTC.... so don’t waste any time!

Yours,

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

Sounds good. Any further news on the global roll out?

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quote:

• New this season! To help in your quest, a Brick Kiln can be found in every Community Settlement.

——

how does that works? Replaces the monument, a free card or occupies a *?

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

When you say Monumental season task.

Hopefully it isn't the tower of Babylon

• haskyhasky Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

would be great to have some news after 1 year of beta testing

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 418 Admin

@Wind It'll occupy a * tile.

edited July 19

Thats stupid @CATANFiona

Not a fan of that

U should put it on personal and not community ones imo

Post edited by Wind on
    edited July 19

sorry for misreading names

Well... finding these kilns really do more harm than greater good

if is personal, i would be fine with it

b ut public, not so much

sorry just dont really like that tweak @CATANFiona

again ill let it slide since its only a test but i still dont really like it

somwill just do minimal catan & focusmore on ingress this seasom

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

Oh @Wind don't be such a grump.

Bring on the Brick!

An automatic Brick Kiln is exciting. Once again the Devs have surprised me. My plans are ruffled .... I don't mind a crane/staple house combo you see.... But I can work with this!!!!!

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19

@CATANEir I understand that you broke the crane/staple meta already when crane was nerfed many months ago. 😅

Not that it was a bad thing. It probably made much more buildings suitable.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 233 ✭✭✭

While i do appreciate the free brick kiln on * (better than being ruined by library/bell/ VP buildings or markets) it kinda kills the strategy. I would definitely not put it on * if the neighbourhood is predominantly bricks. Here’s hoping i have more settlements surrounding me to get the other resources n brick being scarce in my area!

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭

Sounds great I really like the mix up this season, omg I will have soooooo much brick time to trade like crazy!

Less VP on * for the win!

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 81 ✭✭✭
  • JxtigerJxtiger Member Posts: 18 ✭✭

Brick kiln is a Tier 3 card. It does not make sense for it to appear in a Tier 1 settlement. Upgrade all public settlements to Town too.

• RetiqueRetique Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

It's been a year since I pre-registered.

It's absurd that we don't know any information about global launches.

There are only a couple of issues really,

Nothing to stop the game from having a global launch, end of July 2021

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

@Grogyan This brick season will end on August 10th. I think any news on launches should be coming after the Bricklaying season. Hope we do hear something positive then, as I am very much eager to play this game like you all!!

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

Brick kilns on the base settlements?

This will surely help new players and make them understand the usefulness of these boxes *

On the other hand, in the villages, I will no longer be able to build my combo stapple house treasury

As for the city, if we have access to enough colony, it's not too embarrassing.

This season, my cities were almost all wood level 1 then 2 or 3 and other resources. However my region was full wood.

And then it will avoid collecting empty colonies of buildings.

And thank you for communicating in UTC hours.

• LinkMatrixLinkMatrix Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

For a typical season, I start by making the settlements Lvl3 and placing lvl 3 resources on the *. Usually I target 5 settlements and put 2 of each on the *. Ie. Lumber, Wool- Wool,Brick - Brick, Ore - Ore,Grain - Grain, Wool.

This has worked well for me and rains resources very quickly. With brick on each settlement I will need to target so many more now.

I guess now I’m hoping for Season 20 to be the global rollout. But who knows.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭

Lol @Carne I don't believe @Wind either about this playing less .... He beat me in mayors the first week of this season after bemoaning how it was too cold to go out. Lololol

Ingress has some events on in the next few weeks ... She's a time thirsty beast ...might distract wind and me a little.

Lol @ZinkyZonk I only'played what 4-5 days of catan outside exercising in my loop this season.

That would be nice, but would they want to drop new users into the middle of a season?

Us early players, we're dropped right in the middle of a season.

We really need a roadmap from the devs as to what they see needs to be done, versus what we see.

@CATANFiona is a roadmap available?

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭

@Grogyan I’ve occasionally asked about their roadmap but they don’t seem to want to talk about it all.

Back in the days of live streams they usually revealed quite a lot of their roadmap during those. 🙂

So the brick kilns cant get into settlements that you guys hoped for?

• SlowfeetSlowfeet Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited July 20

Not all settlements have a Brick kiln on the * field?? @CATANFiona

• DrHeadgearDrHeadgear Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the end of season rewards should look like for winning locally and scoring Over 3k VP? I only ever get a single explorer point to claim (and no, this isn't a 'visual bug'). That's two seasons in a row now.

• CachedCached Member Posts: 26 ✭✭✭

Wow. A brick kiln everywhere. Very unimpressed. Maybe a few free ones, but taking up one slot on every settlement is just annoying, especially when the most common resource in my area is brick.

Makes we want to not play. Puts a whole new meaning to "bricking" a settlement.

Not happy Jan.

• LinkMatrixLinkMatrix Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭