News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Fabled Harvest Building Spotlight

CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 91 Game Developer
edited July 21 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers,

We hope you’ve enjoyed playing Fabled Harvest with your friends. Today we wanted to spend more time discussing the various Fabled Harvest Buildings you can unlock when completing the event. Each building has a distinct animated style that absolutely stands out from crafted buildings and provides exceedingly powerful benefits at all levels, but especially at higher levels. 

The Fabled Harvest is our first locally cooperative activity. As a game using the Niantic Lightship platform, it’s important that we are able to offer experiences that can bring people together in real world locations. With that in mind, a reward for that needed to have some heft, and be exceptional in regards to our current roster of buildings. 

The reward also needed to be something a new player could benefit from alongside veteran players, without punishing the new player for having only a couple cards researched. This is why Fabled buildings aren’t craftable as epic or legendary rarity. 

Fabled Harvest Buildings are similar to the Monument, and offer significant Victory Points. Additionally, six tokens of each resource per level with the Fabled Carousel may seem small to begin with, but the scale and the ability to manually position up to three additional “monument-style” buildings within a settlement creates a huge top-end during a season. 

Now let’s look at some buildings - I bring GIFs courtesy of the Art Team!

Note: Fabled Buildings currently require 6 cards per Building Level.

Rank 1 - Fabled Carousel

Stats & Benefits

• +10 VP per card played
  • +6 tokens of each resource per Building Level (~30 cards at L99)
  • Max Level 99, and 6 cards per Building Level
  • Milestone VP -
    • +500 VP at Building Level 50
    • +1000 VP at Building Level 99

Rank 2 - Fabled Windmill

Stats

• +15 VP per card played
  • +7 tokens of each resource per Building Level (~35 cards at L99)
  • Milestone VP -
    • +750 VP at Building Level 50
    • +1500 VP at Building Level 99

Rank 3 - Fabled Watermill

Stats

• +20 VP per card played
  • +8 tokens of each resource per Building Level (~40 cards at L99)
  • Milestone VP -
    • +1000 VP at Building Level 50
    • +2000 VP at Building Level 99

Let us know what you think about the Fabled Harvest Buildings in the comments. We hope you like them as much as we do. Building balance is a sensitive topic, and - I say it all the time - balance is always under scrutiny and subject to change. The values and effects offered today may shift or adjust over time.

Yours,

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many cards needed per level? The usual 6?

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

I'm sure I saw one that gave rp. Am I imagining that?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Member Posts: 17 ✭✭

I can’t speak for the usefulness of the buildings but I love the GIFs. I could watch the Watermill for a while.

• CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 91 Game Developer

I've updated the OP - it's 6 per level.

It is possible that the RP was a previous reward iteration, but currently they are all now "VP and Tokens of all Types."

• WindWind Member Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monument is 5 per level, why theyre 6 per level hmmm....

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

@CATANEir what is the roadmap then for Epic and Legendary buildings as craftable?

Why such a high max number for levelling up Fabled Harvests, it is a ludicrous amount of gold to be spent each season? What was the decision to make them non-craftable?

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭

Level 35 - Player from Week 1

@CATANEir

As mentioned before, these are not a game mechanic that is really usable for me yet. Seems crazy as a seasoned player to be in this situation, but it is virtually impossible to find other players to work with, so solo is only option and that cost is too high and has no appeal.

Hardly any CWE players left in Auckland now after this last year of Beta, despite the large Ingress and PoGo communities I am fully connected with.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe global release and more advertisement could help…

• LinkMatrixLinkMatrix Member Posts: 34 ✭✭✭

The cost for is too high.

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 41 ✭✭

True. They need to stop with these events and as I had said earlier, having 2 or 3 events in beta for testing makes sense. But when they start having these regular events only for beta players, it's obvious something is definitely wrong. Instead they need to actually work on fixing many bugs and then have a global release. Now they are also losing many beta players as suggested by others in the forum. It's obvious they need to change their strategy sooner than later.

• DiabolicalClayDiabolicalClay Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

I am in the same situation as @FiddleheadNZ here in Tasmania, except I do have one friend who plays but trying to connect in person with him is impossible. I am playing solo and mostly via my totem, so while the fabled harvests are fun to play when I go to town, they are not economically viable for a rural player to access via totem (even if I could)

I like them though and the rewards are satisfactory. Having unlocked all my cards the research scrolls are not needed and an option to choose whether to receive scrolls or dice games would be great.

• AdamPaulAdamPaul Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

Just a little design critic. The waterwheel is probably going in the wrong direction.

It looks like the wheel is powering the flowing water not vice versa. The model for the windmill fits with the wind indicator.

If it was a design choice, I am sure people can live with it.

• AdamPaulAdamPaul Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

What I mean is the turning direction is correct, but the wheel itself should be rotated 180 degree perpendicular to the rotation axis to make sense.

• ThaneusThaneus Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

100 coins is way too much.

Ia have not played one of these harvests yet.

I will wait for the implementation of the ticket system and hope that we get a free one periodically or in quests.