News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Feedback on Niantic Chat | Sign up for 1:1 Sessions

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 213 Community Manager, Global

Greetings Explorers!

I’m posting this on behalf of the Niantic Chat team, as we have been working closely with them over the last few months to revamp our chat features. Please keep in mind that the Niantic Chat team is separate from the CATAN team, so the feedback sessions will be specific to the chat functionality rather than bug reports, feature requests, or general discussion around the gameplay. 

Yours

Dominik and the CATAN - World Explorers Team

__

We recently revamped Niantic Chat with the Fabled Harvest release, and since you are some of the first players to access these latest features, we want to hear from you! We will be continuing to improve Niantic Chat over the coming months, so we would love your feedback on what you like, what can be improved, how you currently use it, and more. 

We will be scheduling 30-minute sessions with five to eight Explorers over the next two weeks. To sign up for a session, please fill out this Google form: https://forms.gle/NV1biD9MX7PmYqcc6

We look forward to chatting with you!

Comments

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Our messages are deleted after a certain time. That's sad

• BOPOHABOPOHA Member Posts: 5

Why we need Niantic Chat in CWE? Can somebody explain? There are more universal messengers.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭

@CATANdominik unfortunately, all the time slots available are not going to work, due to the time difference between PDT and NZT happens to all be times when we are at work ourselves

• Mike5619Mike5619 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭

Had a look and all I get on the map is "There's nothing here. Try again in another area" and if I tap the CHAT button it says "No regional chats found. Please try again later".

No idea if I should try to start a regional chat or how I might do so if I wanted to.

The Catan in-game chat function (Faction and General) seems a little more useful.