CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Off-Topic

Tell me about lockdown/covid restrictions in your area

CATANEirCATANEir Developer Posts: 103 Game Developer

Hope everyone is staying healthy and sane.

I want to have a better understanding of the restrictions players are encountering in the world right now, that isn't just google-based. It looks like Sydney might be the most aggressive right now (1st week of Aug 2021), with limits on travel distance for things like exercise/etc, but I could be wrong. Or possibly some of the restrictions I'm reading about are non-enforced recommendations instead of mandates - which honestly is maybe just a thing that happens in America.

Comments

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

The restrictions in Sydney and Brisbane right now are pretty severe, and are strongly enforced. They even have the army in Sydney to help enforce it.

I am much further north in Queensland, and we have no restrictions here. ATM, it's just those two cities, I believe.

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

Here in India, the 3rd wave is slowly starting at one of the state (Kerala) and its estimated that the country might start to see the rise in the cases again around Mid-August. No major restrictions as of now yet, but we can expect them anytime. I only wish everyone are safe these days!

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭

In Finland we haven’t had any very strict restrictions at all. March and April 2020 had the most difficult times when there were some travel restrictions. 2021 had its worst in March 2021. Then the case numbers were very low in the May and June but delta variant has made quite a big rise again during past weeks.

The vaccination status of risk groups is very good however so probably no much more restrictions coming anymore. The virus is basically spreading among non-vaccinated young people now. The vaccinations are going forward rather rapidly so I would expect it to get better within upcoming months.

• WindWind Member Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am from the city of Brisbane.... while we had a history of cases being under control with fast, snap lockdowns without delays...lately we had scattered cases from the last month or 2... this time we just need go hard with this lockdown with radius restriction since the link still not found yet at this time of writing. Normally we have the lowest inflection rate and best protection reponse up here apart from the odd week or two before then. But delta strain is worse than all others we had before so yeah....gotta work together to defeat it/minimalize it. major factor what holding most of us back is the slow vaccation rollout...

at least i can maintain dailies (hard quest) on a minimal effort now thanks to my golden settlement beimg lv 3/4 but it may not work same for others since im a whale & play hard over the warmer monthse

• FillokGraininFillokGrainin Member Posts: 32 ✭✭

Free movement within Germany, few restrictions that require an actual test - > like travel to Denmark for active Beta participation (lucky to have some cells even being active in Germany)

Though things still might get worse/restrictions reactivated again in autumn...

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, so now half of the Australian population is in hard lockdowns.

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    edited August 6

OMG. I wish only great health for everyone! Stay safe!

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭

Brisbane hard lockdown worked. We have free movement and just have to wear masks and sign in at places we visit. Easy peasy.

We share a boarder with NSW though ...[.... And to my uninformed non expert opinion they dropped the ball by not locking down the posh eastern suburbs where delta first came through.

Sydney's an interesting place but folk don't smile as much as they do in Brisbane. And they have a real have and have nots problem. The east Sydney verses west Sydney is a thing. It's been floated by folks smarter than me ...that the east was too posh to lockdown. Now the state has major outbreak that 'only vaccination' can solve... But even with vaccination they will have more restrictions than us in Brisbane ...]....

...so we share a boarder with plague NSW.... And as good as our CHO (we love Jeanette!) and state government is at covid management... I'm prepping for lockdown... Been to the dentist, piano is tuned and got my hair done.... And Catan and ingress lockdown plans in place.