CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Strategy and Gameplay

CWE without any season event!??

AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

Currently, CWE seems to be designed to go well with its constant events, where each faction tries to top in VP for that particular season. What would the game-play/strategy be if there is no seasonal event for at least a week?

Will Catan: World Explorers always have seasonal events, or can we actually do anything apart from VP hunting without the seasonal events? I do feel to not have any event for sometime to just relax and take the game not serious!

Comments

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

Personally, I'm over the VP only hunt... I think the season quests is where the action/fun is! As for relaxing.... why would you want a relaxing game? that would be boring...

• WindWind Member Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, agreed with @Baggs i am not interested in the whole Vp chasing business

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

So, the main objectives for anyone who is starting out---->

1. Collect RP
    2. Unlock building cards
    3. Level up
    4. Collect Gold to unlock all the bag spaces (FTP)
    5. VP only play

And i believe the VP only game play will be played by those players who has unlocked everything in the game as of now, including reaching max level.

I too agree that at one point playing for VP is not what we all want. Hope the devs have something up their sleeve to eliminate the VP stagnant game!

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9

Also, I don’t think that every thing in game needs to be liked by everybody. It is actually a strength to have several possible playstyles like in Ingress or PoGo for example.

In Ingress some people like MU but ignore AP completely and vice versa.

For me VP seems to be like ultimately the most interesting part while all the other features are there just to support that.

Some people may alternatively just like to build up their local settlement each season, some may like to just gather gold and some are the most interested of mayorships.

The game would be rather sad if everybody were forced to play the game in exactly the same way.

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

I agree that there needs to be other things that people may like to do. But my question was to what would the scenario, if there wasn't any season to play, but just normal game to play. How would that be??