CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Race conditions when building, upgrading and growing the settlements.

YondabyYondaby Member Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

The two of us regularly play together.

As the new season dawned we went on a settlement upgrade walk.

We figured we needed 17 cards to upgrade the settlement. The other player played 6 and 7 cards and I played 4 cards at the same time. Together this should equate to 17, however, after we were done upgrading 4 cards were missing for the full upgrade. The cards were gone from our inventory.

Looking at the settlement history the playing of 6 Settlement Upgrade cards by the other player overwrote the 4 cards I already played. The other player should have been able to only put in two cards even though we probably initiated the action at the same time. The log shows that after we were done I had to put in another 4 cards which shouldn't have been possible.

I believe the same issue can happen when building other buildings as well when growing additional tiles. However, up to now there was no proof.

The settlement in question was Levey Street Reserve Off-Leash Dog Area - Eastern Entry in Rockwell Ave, Wolli Creek , NSW Australia

Please get this issue ironed out as this hampers team-play.

Tagged:
3 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, we play together too. We've learned not to do the same things at the same time. That's building, and harvesting/gathering.

It's a bit of a pain. For people acting together without knowing it, it could be a real waste.

• CATANGarfieldCATANGarfield Moderator Posts: 75 Moderator

Hello - We have been through several releases since this issue was raised, and there haven't been any recent upvotes or comments to this post. This leads us to believe this issue may be fixed. Please let us know if the reported bug is still occurring by upvoting this issue.

• YondabyYondaby Member Posts: 40 ✭✭✭

@CATANGarfield Unless you actually worked on it, it won't be fixed. It's a race condition that only happens when more than one player interacts with the same settlement at the same time. The players affected are trying to avoid it by not interacting at the same time, but that doesn't mean it's fixed.

• SnugglepotSnugglepot Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

Guess it’s a good thing that not that many players are playing if settlements can’t cope with buildings being upgraded exactly at the same time.

This issue still persists. For players playing together we can talk and coordinate our play to avoid the pain of cards not registering and getting “lost”.

For players not playing together, but just happening to be at the same settlement at the same time, good luck!