New Players and Getting Started

Dice minigame

Anyone else struggling with consistency of distance for throwing dice onto the board?

Also what is with the roads on the board, any benefits?

Comments

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

Dice throwing is not like throwing a Pokeball; first one goes roughly where I want it, throw the next one the same way and it goes flying and into the water. Reset for the third and it just drops at your "feet"

• StallionNZStallionNZ Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

I have found a variance as the phone heats up from the game as well.

What used to be middle of the board now goes off the end. Can't get the first few tiles even with a tap. When screen is hot.

• IllIll Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

Im having trouble with dice throwing consistency. Anyone else? Super annoying, sometimes it just yeets it off the board.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭

I did a few just before and one hit exactly where I was aiming for it to go .. and then jump off the board and flew until the board was out of view into the water.

But yes, dice physics are terrible

• UrticaUrtica Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

I landed a 2x bonus on the intersection of 3 tiles, threw another one (which I thought was going nowhere near the first until it landed) that rolled gently into the first. This light tap then catapulted the first directly up and off the board at ridiculous speed! The mechanics are super weird.

• bigfr0gbigfr0g Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

I also have the same experience, they have an allgorythm that changes the curve when throwing...

• feeleefehlehfeeleefehleh Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

i do this: glide dice forward half way, stop for 1/2 second then release your finger, land on middle of board, totally not same like pokemongo