News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

Game Update 1.58.2 - Release Notes

CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 445 Admin
edited September 17 in News & Announcements

Hi Explorers,

We’re happy to share a BIG quality of life build for our Explorer community rolling out this weekend! Fabled Harvest Ticketing -- including a free daily ticket-- is here! You can claim your free daily ticket in the shop. As we mentioned a few weeks ago, we knew this was an important improvement to our Fabled Harvest feature and so we’re curious to hear what you think about the new ticketing system. In related Fabled Harvest improvements, we now also have: 

• A “Ready Now” feature to start Fabled Harvests sooner, once every player has readied up
  • Direct invites into Fabled Harvests for friends
  • Avatar balloons and ghost dice so you can see your friends playing with you

But wait, there’s more! Starting this weekend, we’re going to remove the 1 totem token movement cost to move your Totems around the world. So get out there and explore with your Totems! To make that easier, we have new and improved search and filtering on the Strategy Map to help guide you. And last but not least, we’ve done an overhaul of the dice feel and physics across all of the different dice toss games. Big week for CATAN – World Explorers!

Bug Fixes: 

Best,

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey tell us about the revamped achivements please.... i see these long banners have use now to,pin those favourite badges!

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 14

@CATANFiona looks great.

Just waiting for the update to arrive to verify the fixes

• DavejjjjjDavejjjjj Member Posts: 37 ✭✭

Good work on the free ticket, will wait and see if dice ping is really gone, hopefully it is!

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭✭

@CATANdominik @CATANFiona Really love the achievement and many skins to it!! Kudos!!

• SmittyMCoilSmittyMCoil Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Big spender Achievement requirements for level 2 is still 11.000 for me.

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SmittyMCoil if you look into the big spender badge and tap on others u can see higher thresholds....can you and your mate check as i recalltwo of you got different ones from each others

• JxtigerJxtiger Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

I'm left with only 12 friends, what happened to the rest??

@CATANFiona friends list doesn't load any more than 11 friends

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭✭

Well, so far, it seems that most of the changes have introduced more problems than have been solved. I can see a few patches required to make this version stable.

QA, anyone?

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Don’t be silly. We are the QA & the beta testers. Easier that way.

• BOPOHABOPOHA Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

From which level does FH acceptable in shop?

• Mike5619Mike5619 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭

Like the mini game dice change, but not settlement dice (don't seem to have any control there). Free movement of totem is great, makes it much easier to manage. Haven't seen any flying saucers or pinged dice so they seem to have gone at last! Free ticket to fabled harvest should get more people to try the feature - good.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭

The new banner with achievements can't be seen by friend. BTW a lot of achievements are still bugged. But thank you for that update there are many good things

• SlowfeetSlowfeet Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

Just landed both dices on the coin on this settlement. No reaktion. The screen was "dimmed"

Game" 1.58.2

Samsung S21 Ultra

P.S On top of all that.. the roll was a seven ..aarrggg

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭

@CATANFiona Just a heads up - I've just had a minigame dice fly off the board "in a wild manner", and I know @Grogyan has also had this. So still a bug there for fixing.

This time, it wasn't because it touched any other dice or roads/objects... It simply landed and then whizzed off the screen stage left into the water. (the mini game map with the little island with all the research Scrolls on it)

• Mike5619Mike5619 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭

Dice don't fly off as much as they used to and I've had one just jump to another hex when touched but I have also had one or two fly off into the distance after being touched by the second dice. Better but not totally fixed.

@CATANFiona @CATANdominik we need a heads up about the hotfix to 1.58.4, which of itself was a hotfix for 1.58.2

Mayor rewards are going to be triggered in 2 days

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 445 Admin

Hi all - Please comment on the resolved bug threads if any closed bugs are still occurring. This helps us keep better track.

We reopened the "dice flying off the board" bug, still looking into it. Glad to hear it may have improved a bit, hopefully we can squash that one finally.

@CATANFiona when can we expect the hotfix to the hotfix to drop?

At the moment only 1* FHs can be done, and only solo

For an event that is all about raids, there is a lot of bugs that were introduced in 1.58.4 hotfix

Many of us have switched to playing other games, while we wait.

Myself, Ingress has a global challenge on, and in New Zealand back in Level 4 lockdown for at least another week, this is a tough challenge to complete.

Today is Friday, marking 4 weeks since the last update.

Will today be the day for the update?

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭

Still needing the update, just to fix a couple of issues, most of the other issues aren't important.

Just posted that in the other thread. And a recommendation for the entire team to go away for a holiday for a month or so.

• CATANFionaCATANFiona Administrator Posts: 445 Admin

There will be updates to fix a few things (maybe 1 or 2?), so don't worry! We are very committed to making the last few months of the game enjoyable. I've been seeing your posts about the most annoying issues and advocating for their need to be fixed.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭

Why are you even continuing if the game is shut down @CATANFiona ?

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 17

And can you remove the geolock for the rest of time? It serves no purpose anymore. Let players outside current beta play for even a little while…

• DavejjjjjDavejjjjj Member Posts: 37 ✭✭

@CATANFiona how about additional quest slots before shut down? Increased range, more resource inventory etc??