CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Game Feedback

Share your comments and suggestions to improve the game

The fabled harvest entry screen is two accidents waiting to happen

TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 21 in Game Feedback

I was walking past a settlement today. I entered, but there was a FH on, so the 'enter settlement' button was there. I very carefully tapped it, making sure not to accidentally tap the 'start fabled harvest' button which is 10 times as large.

I must have just passed our of the catchment radius, because as I tapped it, it changed to 'enter - 15 tokens'. My totem arrived, 15 tokens lost.

Quite honestly, if someone asked me to design a user interface more likely to cause accidental loss of gold and/or tokens, I don't think I could.

29 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• DavejjjjjDavejjjjj Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

Same thing happened to me today, I just took the 15 token hit for another mayorship. They better redesign fabled harvest settlement interface before launch. It going to give a bad impression for new players, and inviting a ton of criticism from a larger player base.

• TahalnyouTahalnyou Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

I had the exact same thing this week.

I had to use my totem pole to harvest a colony and build a dozen buildings there that I had purposely prepared in order to hope to become mayor.

I knew that I still had to wait 15 minutes for the harvest, so as I arrived IRL next to one colony I decided to harvest it before the other.

Except when I carefully clicked on Enter Settlement, the text suddenly changed to - 15 Token...

Apart from the loss of the tokens, I was not able to enter the colony that I had planned afterwards, because I cannot access by Totem the colonies which are more than 3 to 4 km from where I am...

And so I was not able to become mayor...

• M42M42 Member Posts: 84 ✭✭✭
    edited August 22

This is happening to me too, on different things, like backing out of Settlements in Totem mode before I've finished. This has recently become a thing, was there an "Are you sure you want to leave" step that's been removed?

I've also done quite a few unintended Inventory upgrades by tapping in the wrong spot at the wrong time. Was there a confirmation step that's been removed for upgrades? Is just that the accidental upgrades and loss of coins are a recent thing.

This is really annoying as I lose the coins I'm trying to save to upgrade my Golden Settlement. And now they've nerfed the Harvest Dice and Daily dice, I'm not earning nearly as much...... *sigh*

• WhatIsAGoodNameWhatIsAGoodName Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

@M42

Yes! The number of times I have accidentally done a bag upgrade in the last month was getting REALLY frustrating. Confirmation dialogs can be annoying, but they do solve this problem.

• NilfiskenNilfisken Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

Same here . About half my inventory upgrades have been bought accidentally because all the buttons involved (when prompted when you run out of space) are located the same place on the screen. :-)

Not sure if its been adressed tho.... Have not happened in a while.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭

I raised the issue back in the first week of beta

Back when we could not recycle Resources, and constantly pestered with, but more space.

The pestering of, buy more space is still present.

Even pesters you to buy more space, when you are at max inventory limit.

We also have the bug where after visiting a Resource Center, it pesters you to say you are at maxed out on inventory, but in reality you are no where near inventory limit.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

had countless -15 tokens too coz of FH.

• DavejjjjjDavejjjjj Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

It's annoying but you can contact support to get 15 tokens back, did this a couple of days ago.

My thought is the more who contact support the more pressure there will be to fix the interface

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 27

@Davejjjjj I contacted support in the usual manner at the same time that I posted this. I have received no response at all.

Edit: my apologies, I did get a reply, I just checked. For some reason the usual notification of a reply never got to me. They did refund the tokens.

• TrewTrew Member Posts: 1

Спектор игроков без России?И когда?