News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

SEASON 21: The Fabled Adventure Continues!

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 224 Community Manager, Global
edited September 17 in News & Announcements

As a new Season starts … Are you ready to elevate your Faction to victory?

The path to a Season win is more Fabled than ever!

• Complete a Fabled Harvest to 100% and receive 2 Building Cards as your reward!
  • Fabled Harvest Buildings require only 4 cards to level up (instead of 6)
  • Another way to get the Fabled Watermill card are Fabled Trade Boxes. (To ensure that each player in the trade receives one, they both need to exchange a Fabled Tradebox.)
  • The Fabled Watermill will become the reward for the third difficulty level for Fabled Harvests. It’s a building that only players who coordinate in teams can receive.
  • This Season’s quest will give you an extra chance to earn Fabled Watermill cards and a total of 250 Gold and 5 Exploration Points if you finish all four stages.
  • Don’t forget to check-out new Season Packs in the Shop.

What bonus does the Fabled Watermill offer?

• +20 VP per card played
  • +8 tokens of each resource per Building Level
  • +1 Random Development Card
  • Max Level 99 / 4 cards per Building Level
  • Bonus VP
  • +1000 VP at Building Level 50
  • +2000 VP at Building Level 99

It’s time to write your way into a fable of your own… one that ends in triumph!

Remember, at Season’s end:

• Scores reset, Settlements reset, and Resource Center locations change.
  • Card quantities (Resources, Mini Games, and Crafted Buildings) will be set back to zero.
  • Your Faction, Golden Settlement, Unlocked Cards, Boost cards, Totem Tokens, Explorer Points, and Gold will remain.

A new day dawns! Go and explore a whole new gameboard this Season! This Season will run from August 31st 2021, 8:30pm UTC to September 21st 2021, 8pm UTC... so don’t waste any time!

Post edited by CATANFiona on

Comments

• SlowfeetSlowfeet Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

Watermill or Windmill? ;-) Is the text suposed to reflect the picture? Looking forward to a new season (my third) and I cross my fingers to get some rewards and some "ticks" on my season and local winners achivements!

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 224 Community Manager, Global

Thanks @Slowfeet! I fixed the typo. Should all be Watermill.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

Keen as always 😃

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tell me are you gonna address friend list issues

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭

I agree with all players above...

Have no patience to start a new fabled season but I hope a fix soon for the friend list issue... Now it's a mess to play. Need 1.55.6 to send and receive gifts, need 1.58.2 to get a free FH ticket and send invites to all friends. Need 1.58.4 to open the personnal settlement (sometimes it works not even in 1.58.4). Thank you to share our hopes to the dev team @CATANdominik

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great. Another season that cannot be fully utilized to be enjoyed to the fullest due to the broken and unstable friend list

i would be keen to lead a fabled party if thw friend list feature is fixed but til then i cannot do it on a reliable basis.....nor does exchanging trade boxes

please devs, tell us the issues why it taking you guys so long to address it all. Very frustrating

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Member Posts: 38 ✭✭

One of these days…

No need to invite to fabled harvest. Seems like major calamities have stroked Hard on a lot of settlements and have reduced them to resource centers. This season will not be a season of fabled harvest, but I Instead 21 days of boring walking around swiping some resources. Well hey, other mobil games can get some attention Instead....

edited August 31

The game was nearly unplayable last season without downgrade. Now we have to update in 1.58.4 to play (forced update) but it's currently totally unplayable in that version. So the game can't be played until the fixes of:

- friend list (gifts)

- friend list when inviting for FH

• ManiacDManiacD Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Going to be an interesting season without being able to use the friend's list at all to invite to fable harvest or to even send gifts

• SnugglepotSnugglepot Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

please fix friend list. None of my listed friends are active on Catan. The active ones are not visible!!

I literally have 14 fabled trade boxes with no one to trade with. Can’t send any, nothing to receive.

Major frustration!!!

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭

It is going to take too long to even finish page 1, if all we can do is a daily 1* FH

We really need information @CATANdominik throwing another FH with known issues, but not hearing if it is even being investigated, or a fix is inbound on Friday!

A new hope. Strange things have happend over night. Settlements have raised from the ground and now looks somewhat like the last season. I'm off to explore. See you out there (sorry other mobil games, Catan get's another chance)

• ColoniusColonius Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Snugglepot I'm surprised you don't have @Cuddlepie in your Friends List. I would have thought a name that starts with "C" would come early enough in the alphabet to show up in your list. 🤔

@Cuddlepie is on my list... but I’m probably not on his list. Cos it shows the trade hasn’t been accepted...

• ColoniusColonius Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Snugglepot Ah, OK. I was wondering whether you are encountering an even worse bug.

It is really annoying that even after setting the Friends List sort order to "Level", I still can't see any friends with names starting beyond the letter "K". It just makes the "Fabled Season" a real joke. 😕

I need a name change... 😕 I should have chosen Gumnut instead 😊

Two weeks left of the season, any chance of the global rollout for next season? Or before the end of the year?

• AshokaMaurya1AshokaMaurya1 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭✭

Trust me. The rate at which they are going, I'm pretty sure the game won't be out at least until June 2022! As much as I love the game and is very eager to play, looking at how the team is taking it is very laughable.

They only want to stay in "Soft Launch" with releasing new features and not actually wanting to work on making a stable game.

So many features are bugged. No proper incentive for walking. No AR thing. The Raid equivalent is bugged. Friend list is out of this world. Achievements makes no sense with varying goals for each other. Leveling up makes no sense until level 5. No incentive for local region win. All of this is just what a non-beta player has seen.

And there are even more beta players face.

Remember, the game is over a year into soft launch and the game still looks like its in an alpha stage.

Great game. Great concept. But poor development, poor communication.

@CATANFiona no update today?

edited September 10

So after Transformers: Heavy Metal started it’s beta in June, it’s now playable in;

- UK! (London and surrounding areas)

- New Zealand

- Japan (Tokyo and some nearby cities)

- Phillipines (Manila and some nearby cities)

- USA ( California, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Idaho)

- Canada (some cities nearby Washington, Idaho)

- Mexico (some cities nearby California)

With CATAN: World Explorers having started their beta in July last year, it seems bad that the latest release is more widely available.

edited September 10

@PkmnTrainerJ Transformers is also available in Switzerland and Denmark

Man, I actually wish to play Catan World Explorers before Transformers Heavy Metal, but looking at the situation, I think it won't be the case😔

Ah I didn’t realise. I thought that list was probably outdated.

Unless they’re gonna do a surprise global rollout at the end of this season, doesn’t seem likely.

Depends on where the Catan team is getting their money from.

Transformers Heavy Metal is funded by Hasbro, who have deep pockets to throw money at devs to get it to a decent level fast.

The team is so silent for almost 2 weeks now. I wonder they will just introduce some new feature in the coming days and just brush these things away!

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11

Nobody commenting here so I really guess they just have had their vacation his week or something.

They just decided not to tell about it because the massive amount of complaints that would have risen in that case because of the broken friend list.