News & Announcements

Read and discuss official updates here

SEASON 21: The gameboard has been reshuffled for Exploration Weekend!

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 224 Community Manager, Global
edited September 17 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorer! 

There’s never been a better time to explore! From Friday, September 3rd at 4:00pm UTC to Monday, September 6th at 4:00 pm UTC, Explorers will receive double rewards for discovering new Resource Centers. As an added bonus, discover new Resource Centers and you’re guaranteed a Building Card! Just think of all those sweet Victory Points for your Faction!

To kick off the festivities, you have free Totem Tokens waiting in your In-Game Mailbox. For an even bigger push, check out the generous discounts on Boosts in the Store.

While you’re exploring this weekend, please be mindful of your surroundings, follow guidelines from local health authorities, and be sure to explore safely. And don’t forget, you can use your Totem to traverse the map from anywhere.

Yours

The CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANFiona on
Tagged:

Comments

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3

Sigh

Wheres theETA for the fix for friend list.....

• FillokGraininFillokGrainin Member Posts: 32 ✭✭

Looking forward to find the discounts on boosts, last season there were none...

Or is this just a copy & paste issue and outdated info... @CATANdominik

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

So keen! Got fabulous numbers on the settlement closest to me. Going to use the weekend to fill it out. Hahahah I will be unstoppable this season!

• LinkMatrixLinkMatrix Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Does not look like I am getting double rewards? Someone break the build?

• PrincessRangaPrincessRanga Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

I can't get in to read about the event or claim rewards as it closes the app. This has happened multiple times this morning.

• BaggsBaggs Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭

Same here. Only getting single cards at new resources

• ChopStiRChopStiR Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited September 4

@CATANdominik

Exploration Weekend is broken. Only get one building card instead of the usual two for discovering new recourses.

Only single card here too Queensland

edited September 4

Just received a notification. Did someone forget to turn it on?

Edit: nope. Made no difference

Post edited by LinkMatrix on
  • NoodsNoods Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

• DropbearDropbear Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

I have only been receiving single cards

• DropbearDropbear Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

• BaiXueErBaiXueEr Member Posts: 24 ✭✭

@CATANdominik , why aren’t friend list fixed and more bugs are introduced every seasons?????

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭

Still a fail, no point going anywhere, because of the bugs that were supposed to be fixed 3 weeks ago.

Basically can't do much until the update drops, which was supposed to drop yesterday.

This has been a complete failure for this explorer weekend.

Good catch. I guess the year of playing the one way meant I had an unrealistic expectation that it would be the same this season. This is a significant change for the explorer weekend and a change in strategy that I did nit expect. At least I know now that I should not bother holding off discovering new resource centres. I think that this basically makes explorer weekend … well … just like all the other weekends. Guaranteed building cards are meh! At best. I just make those with the resources I farm. In fact, this does make it easier because I can then just make what I want without my inventory filling with rubbish.

Ugh no double card for real? Sad face. Can you let us hardcore players know when you are going to big nerf something .... we got rhythms set up .... Often around other niagames....

Ugh my feathers are so ruffled!!!!

NERFS ARE BAD

1) The change with the harvest coin 1.58.2 meant I'm not getting my usual amounts of gold and I play a lot. If I had known I could have built treasury on *tile on a local settlement but the change last season happened after I had done my local star tiles . I'm just hopeless with the harvest dice coin and regular gold collecting on minigames.

2) the forced update to 1.58.4 made it impossible to invite friends I interact with regularly to harvests.

3) Totem nerf 😭

4) Level 4 Crane - that still hurts 🤣

5) complete overhaul of quest system and rewards - ouch!!!!

*Needy whine:* Please don't nerf Speedy Harvests they are my favourite thing ever and together with the large range and totem are so helpful for 'rushing around with kids' people like myself.

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol Zinky..... 1) I dont rely on coin from settlement harvest hence why i like grand treasury on my * for golden settlement with minigames as emergency backup. Just the refresh change from 12am to 5am hurts. 2) IKR, they need to fix it both invite & gifting. 3) meh, my usage of totem changes so are hoarding of epics 4) maybe about time get over it? Haha. 5) i like the catanian quest changes :)

the only thing i might see they gotta fix up is number of mayor rewarsa we get per week

the change of exploration weekend doesnt feel like explorationweekend any more to me. Its just the same ol normal gameplay with minimal difference

anyways i half arsed the last 3 exploration weekend as didnt play hard as i used to lol.

edited September 4

Well this is a disappointing, the one event in the month I look forward to playing is nerfed. Yesterday I stopped playing and decided to wait hoping for a quick bug fix. Today I have zero desire to go out and explore. A single card is the same as any other day and please don't nerf that too.

@CATANdominik “Explorers will receive double rewards for discovering new Resource Centers."

I haven't received Double resources or Double XP from discovering new recourses. This event is 100% broken and has zero differences to anyother day of this season.

edited September 5

lol I am over the crane 4 nerf. but not the totem nerf .... my wolf pack is spread from Redcliff to the Gold Coast with busy lives that don't allow for physical meet ups. We had a lot of fun moving from region to region building mega citadels the organising of building placement generated a lot of discussion of things catan. and then season 12 squashed like a bug.

Nerfs are adjustable to. Especially if forewarned. Especially if make good sense for the game - like the quest overhaul. But man, this nerf is such a buzz ****.

I made plans yesterday for big time cataning and I just cancelled them no double card festival may as well stay home.

The COVID news is making me really unhappy and my happy place niantic games have been a little annoying of late.

The ingress has been ok but big sharks on both green and blue teams don't get my need of little itty bitty microfielding.3

HPWU - the adventure sink why it broke? for so long? .... oh and that random fortress where that Magi was kind to heal but not take down any fierce erklings . 5 fierce erklings ...strangely really annoyed with that fortress that I think if I do play WU again it will be no fortresses game - on level 59 with all pages gold aside from blue and green dragon page - so I think I can make it with a couple of CDs with just Red beam traces.

And Pikmin - the "You will never recieve an SMS when it is sent" notification issue that still remains unresolved. What the Jam is with not immediately fixing that???????? UNINSTALLED

Clearly I love Niantic Games and one could say really needy for them wish they worked a little better.

• ColoniusColonius Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Ptah55

The wording for the Exploration Weekend rewards has been exactly the same for this season and the 3 previous seasons.

Since there is no change in the wording, we should expect to get 2 cards for discovering new Resource Centres, just like previous seasons.

@CATANdominik Please explain why we have been getting only 1 card for discovering new Resource Centres this Exploration Weekend?

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭

@CATANFiona it appears that the mayor rewards are not working today

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭✭

Yay! Another broken feature...

Argh!!! You nerfed the game. 😭😭😭😭😭😭. Devastated.