Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

1 card only for exploration week

CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

Is there only 1 card for exploration wk? How is it different from any other day then?!

19 votes

Bug: Intended - Not A Bug · Last Updated

Working as intended.

Comments

• MystiqueKnotMystiqueKnot Member Posts: 27 ✭✭✭

Is this issue unique to Singapore? Every season, we look forward to explore new RCs to receive 2 building cards instead of the usual 1 card.

If this issue is intentional, it will be good for players to be kept informed in the inbox announcement. If it’s unintentional, then it’s quite a major mistake to make especially when we are already in Season 21. 😔

• LinkMatrixLinkMatrix Member Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

This is not intentional and not unique to Singapore.

• WindWind Member Posts: 764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone forgot to turn the switch on...l

• TheCombobulatorTheCombobulator Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be great if there was some kind of machine that could turn things on and off according to a timer in some way?

Oh, wait....

• Ptah55Ptah55 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭

Anyone getting two cards for exploring new resource centers?

So read the announcement again. They’ve taken away double buildings for exploration weekend.

I think I’m now officially on a break from this game.

I am annoyed that no one has bothered to come on here and set this straight.

• HejmdalHejmdal Member Posts: 11 ✭✭

The announcement is very much the same as the one from the last season, so this definitely look like an error somewhere.

Wondering if they will restore the missing cards at some point... :-)

@CATANFiona @CATANdominik

There is no change in the announcement. Last seasons also stated “a” building card but there had been two. Unless, it was meant to be “one” all these time. Oh well… 🤷‍♀️

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

Yes as mentioned it has always said “a guaranteed” card even back as far as October last year, funny that it took so long to change it.

So how is exploration weekend event any different from any other daily exploration? 🤔

• CATANAguilarCATANAguilar Moderator Posts: 51 Moderator

Hey folks! Thank you for leaving your comments. This isn't a bug and it's intended. Please take a look at the announcement for more information:

https://community.catanworldexplorers.com/discussion/1795/season-21-the-gameboard-has-been-reshuffled-for-exploration-weekend#latest

So no justification?! This is clearly a deviation from all the previous seasons and all you can do is point us back to the original notice that is the same as it was the other seasons? What is different about this weekend then, as asked by others? This is a really bad response to an obviously confusing situation and you should rather stay out of it.

• CarneCarne Member Posts: 89 ✭✭✭

I think normally when the event is not on you do not get a card every time, it is not guaranteed.

• ZinkyZonkZinkyZonk Member Posts: 209 ✭✭✭

Oh no .... What will they nerf next!!! And lockdown too in Vic, NSW and NZ.

I don’t think they know exactly how annoyed some players are by this change. Ok so the previous explorer weekends were “the bug” and this is the expected operation. Fine but at least tell people? When will you guys stop thinking of new ways to nerf the game and focus on fixing things like the friends trading ? There is so much broken in Crashtan and still you fiddle.

Yep. Pretty pissed by this.

edited September 4

I don't think it was deliberately nerfed. If it was nerfed, and not just a mistake (and we'll see on Monday), then I'd be willing to bet that it was accidental and not deliberate. I'm pretty sure that most of the unexpected changes so far have been accidental.

I've seen that "working as designed" excuse used too many times to explain 'unexpected features' through my erstwhile career as a software developer to trust it.

• CharmqCharmq Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭

So now its exploration second not exploration week. Just one second to enter the settlement w the 20 totems given. Thanks alot. Even the “generous discount” on boost looks the same to me pre-exploration week. Is anybody gonna come out to explain what exactly has changed rather than just closing it as bug intended? U get a card for each unexplored RC with or without exploration week. Did anyone think this through before implementation? Not sorry for this rant coz the only thing we can look forward to each season has officially broken.

• Mike5619Mike5619 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭

Maybe the better question is what IS the reward that has been doubled?

The only reward I can see when we discover a new RC is the building card and this season that is not doubled.

I find it quite annoying that there has been no rational response to this problem. Silence does not make it go away.

There's been no response to a large number of serious issues for a while now

• SnakePliskenDkSnakePliskenDk Member Posts: 21 ✭✭

Same issue in Denmark... I didn't get 2 cards last time either...

• MrMxHBMrMxHB Member Posts: 32 ✭✭

There was no double XP either... very frustrating... I wasted tons of totems for stuff all rewards...