Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Catan Quest - Contribute to town settlement not working

DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

I've tried this on multiple settlements, including town size, but contributions are not counting for the reward.

OPPO Fine X2 Lite

Android 10

1 votes

Bug: Intended - Not A Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• FfenicsFfenics Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

I concur. I thought I was just misunderstanding what this quest was requiring as it doesn’t seem to do anything!

• CATANGarfieldCATANGarfield Moderator Posts: 14 Moderator

Hi @xoxRARITYxox @Ffenics, the task "Contribute to 10 town centers" can be completed by playing Settlement Upgrade cards on any of the Settlements. You don't have to visit 10 different Settlements. Can you try that and see if it helps?

• FfenicsFfenics Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

Hi @CATANGarfield, thats exactly what I thought the quest should be doing, but when you accept that quest, it doesn’t matter how many upgrades you do on any settlement, the quest count doesn’t go up! I assume the settlement ‘level’ isn’t a variable, eg., the settlement has to already be developed to town level rather than village level?

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

@CATANGarfield I’ve just picked up the quest again and the requirements to use settlement upgrade cards is definitely not clear. Could do with a rewrite 😊

Just confirming that the settlement upgrade card worked.

Thank you for your feedback on the task and we're glad to hear that it worked.

• RuruRuru Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Newbie here - so this quest means I have to do what?

To me "contribute to" means build or grow - 10 times regardless of where.

Is this incorrect? What I am getting from above is that doing one upgrade will fulfil the quest...???

Does size count? (do settlements even get to be towns?)

Although I accept these quests, I give it one shot at giving me a 1/10 action and if I don't see a result I "trade in" when another quest is offered.

I'm in a rural town. Just one settlement and 5 resource centres that I've found. And everything reset and shuffle at the end of the season.

Thx.

@Ruru you need to unlock and use a settlement upgrade card ten times to complete this quest.

• RuruRuru Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

@xoxRARITYxox thanks. Perhaps the working could be changed to upgrade rather than contribute?

Have recieved just one upgrade card so far, so for me it's not going to be a quest worth accepting. 😊

Hi @Ruru , if you are running short of any of the unlocked Building Cards, you can always Craft them using the Resources you have harvested. Tap on any of the Building Cards from the backpack to start crafting. A Settlement Upgrade Card only requires one Card of each Resource type. @xoxRARITYxox, appreciate the efforts in helping newbies.

• DisvanDisvan Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

I've picked up this quest twice and no matter what I do at settlements it shows no progress and doesn't complete even when I've done the required ten contributions.

Please turn off this quest until fix is available.

• StallionNZStallionNZ Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

@Disvan this quest is only triggered when playing settlement upgrade cards at settlements. Nothing else counts.

Really should be upgrade settlement instead of contribute to in the description

• GaLaReNGaLaReN Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

I agreed - I deleted the first quest I had, since nothing happened.

From reading above I now understand what to do.

The description definitely needs an update to reflect the correct requirements.