Report a Bug

Please read our guidelines before reporting a bug.

Chatroom is not functioning - “Fallen Faun”

FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

The local chatroom for central Auckland is not working at all. This chatroom “Fallen Faun” will not accept any chat messages, so can not be used.

When tapping to enter the chat room a “loading” message can be seen midscreen but no further action results.

Have had no issues using other chat rooms, both in different parts of the city or in Wellington or Nelson.

6 votes

Bug: Investigating · Last Updated

We're investigating this issue. Bug #10957

Comments

• RickJnrRickJnr Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same with the ‘Grey District Library’ chat room, I thought it was just me

• CATANGeorgeCATANGeorge Administrator Posts: 15 Admin

We've believe that this is related to an issue where locations become out of sync with the chatroom regions. We've seen this issue appear on out testing environment but we haven't been able to reproduce it in the live game.

@RickJnr and @FiddleheadNZ: Are you able to visit and interact with the Grey District Library or the Fallen Faun Settlements/Resource Centers?

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited July 24

Well, I’m very glad to hear that you have a testing environment. 👍🙂

As earlier Niantic games seem not to have them. 🤔

• RugpuppetRugpuppet Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

I can confirm that the Fallen Faun is not working for me as well.

@CATANGeorge I live around the Auckland Central area and I can access all the settlements and resource centers here.

• MikeyMikey Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited July 29

Same with Wanganui West Heritage Trail.

I can access all the settlements and resource centers here.

• XellXell Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

Fallen faun chat is still not working!

• Travito80Travito80 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

I've tried to chat using the the Fallen Faun chat room and unsuccessful.

• XellXell Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

we try to make the fallen faun area morn populated and inserting by rallying up the eagles, bears and wolves but that’s really hard when the chat is not working

• StarfishStarfish Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Same fallen faun chat has never worked for me

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 85 ✭✭

It may be a different issue, but I get the same constant loading screen when I go into "Beach Station" (which is where my personal settlement is built) through the 'Nearby' list. But by making it a favourite, I can get into it by selecting it through the 'Bookmarks' list.

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 22 ✭✭

@CATANGeorge “Fallen Faun” is the zone encompassing the central CBD and inner city suburbs of Auckland, New Zealand’s biggest city. I have been an active player since Day 1, along with plenty of others in this zone, but our Chat room has never worked. Please prioritise this bug after 2 months as we are already losing keen players.

Lack of communication and instead having to resort to using our Ingress and PoGo chats, is frustrating many loyal and very active Niantic game players. These are the early adopting players you should be appealing to.

I sincerely hope we can have some progress in

the short term.

• Travito80Travito80 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭

@CATANGeorge I'd really like to get the chat function up and running in Fallen Faun. We're trying to focus our efforts in certain areas but can't really do that easily without in game chat. Agree with @FiddleheadNZ that this needs to be fixed stay.

• CATANGeorgeCATANGeorge Administrator Posts: 15 Admin

Sorry for the lack of communication on this. We're currently looking into this issue and we've forwarded this over to the team that created the chatroom functionality. We're still waiting to hear back.