New Players and Getting Started

Personal Settlement

AlbaacAlbaac Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Had anyone managed to upgrade a building in their personal settlement? I have 3 additional Town Plaza cards but the button to play them is greyed out and has 250 written on it. But 250 what?

Comments

• CATANGarfieldCATANGarfield Moderator Posts: 10 Moderator

Hi @Albaac, it is 250 Gold that you have to spend. All the upgrades on a Personal Settlement requires Gold and the amount may vary depending on the upgrade levels. Thank you for sharing this here, I will pass it on to our team.

• AlbaacAlbaac Member Posts: 26 ✭✭

Thanks! Looking forward to the fix to allow gold purchase at the shop on the iPhone then.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

The gold cost to upgrade your settlement is ridiculous once you have completed the first ring. Then additional just to place a new building or upgrade..

• DoraDora Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

It's not exactly hard to earn gold in game though.

• StallionNZStallionNZ Member Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

Upgrading the buildings gets expensive.

250,1000,2500 for the different tiers

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    edited July 27

How easily do you get those different cards. I understand that building the Community center to level 4 ASAP would make sense but is it easy to get the cards?

@StallionNZ thats insane .. also, that you know that information.

It looks like tile costs are n^3

So to unlock the 10th tile is 1000 Gold.

As someone said somewhere else; it should not cost gold if you wish to change your settlement around.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 78 ✭✭

I kind of get it why it costs. If it didn’t we could rearrange everything each day in whichever order fits our needs the best that day. That wouldn’t make any sense. 😝

Though, it’s true that penalizing players for making bad permanent decisions when they are just still learning the game is possibly not OK.

• DoraDora Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Penalising players when some of the card descriptions were incorrect isn’t great.

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 85 ✭✭

I've got the personal settlement building that gives "500 XP per roll" on something like a 2 tile, because I took the card on its word. But actually I only get 500 gold when I roll a 2. I still have spaces available on the *s because there are no other decent cards I want to play that are worth using gold that can otherwise be used to grow my inventory.

Maybe there should be a special card that you can earn from quests (or events or whatever) that allows you to move a building on you Percy.

Would also be good if as a thank you to the beta testers they give us some free "move building" opportunities, given we've been a bit messed around with descriptions.

• FresspapaFresspapa Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited September 15

@Skindog , thats the town plaza, and I did Exactly the same mistake!!!!

Most cards say when adjacent number is rolled. That one simply 'on roll'. So i also took it at face value to only later realise I had misplaced it. Sadly only after I had upgraded it, did I realise my mistake. Cost me 350 gold to move it to a better position. 50 to free up a space and 50+250 to move the town hall.

I have played hundreds of mini games and still have not received another community center. I'm starting to doubt that there even is another one to upgrade. So now I'm wondering if it makes more sense to put the town plaza between the two * tiles. But that would be another 350 gold to move it. And I'm loath to do that. Upgraded to L4, the town hall would award 4K XP every 6h, not bad for leveling up. But i dont know how much L4 costs. At 1000 gold for L3 I'm waiting before taking hard cash into my hand again.

@Fresspapa 2500 gold is the next upgrade cost

• FresspapaFresspapa Member Posts: 45 ✭✭

Yikes. pricey. Maybe once I've made up my mind if I'm going to stick this game out. the Overheating and constant crashing of the game is putting a huge dent into the fun factor. Have to delete the cache at least 3 times a day and delete all data on average once a day.