Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Dice throw pings other dice off the board in a wild manner

BuffymasterBuffymaster Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited January 15 in Report a Bug

Not sure this qualifies as a bug but the dice physics is weird. Example: In a 3 dice minigame, I have 2 dice thrown on the board when the third dice clips one and all dice fly far off into the distance. No rewards for me. Oh, and there was a little dude standing in the middle of the board! Haven't seen that before but pinging dice is pretty common.

Post edited by CATANGray on
39 votes

Bug: Investigating · Last Updated

We are investigating this issue. Bug #12190.

Comments

• Zak87Zak87 Member Posts: 15 ✭✭

This has happened to me several times! The dice bug, not the avatar on the mini-game board. It's super frustrating when I get a die where I want it, then the second one lands right next to it, but just bumping the first die causes it (the first one) to fly off the board. Definitely a glitch worth investigating.

• BuffymasterBuffymaster Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

If I get a great throw, a 2x touching 2 or 3 tiles, then I'll actively avoid throwing any more dice close to that area.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

Managed to capture this (sort off) today.

Dice landed on the board exactly where I wanted it to go .. and then flew off into the sea

Pixel 3a, Android 10, 1.8.4

• StallionNZStallionNZ Member Posts: 121 ✭✭✭

This seems to be worse on v1.8.4

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

Throw dice, lands exactly where you wanted it to go .. and then its gone

• UrticaUrtica Member Posts: 9 ✭✭

This has also happened to me several times, especially in earlier versions.

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

I haven't noticed this in 1.10.1 yet (but that may be because I've learned not to throw dice near each other).

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

You can ignore my last comment - this is definitely still a problem in 1.10.1 (just had it happen 3 times in a row).

• WillingKiwiWillingKiwi Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Am having the same happen to me too.

• jeunjijeunji Member Posts: 23 ✭✭

wow, this bug from 22 aug till now still not solved

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 321 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

They have been extremely slow fixing any bugs. 🤦‍♂️

Though, the decision to make the animations skippable probably was the biggest for so far that enables you to keep players. Praise for that. 💁‍♂️

Most of the people who quitted HPWU early was because the intolerably long animations.

• CATAN_ZCATAN_Z Administrator Posts: 1 Admin
    edited October 2020

Hi All,

We're looking in to this to see what's happening that the recent updates may have missed; if the dice are demonstrating this unexpected twist in physics let us know what device and version of the app it's happening on and we'll see what we can do moving forward.

Thanks for being patient!

Post edited by CATAN_Z on

@CATAN_Z, there has been some speculation about this on different forums. Here’s one that may help:

It's probably the classic `rigidbody` overlap. They're not supposed to overlap (and normally wouldn't), but possibly because the game sets the position manually once the roll is "finished", they end up overlapping a bit, which causes the physics engine to freak out and push them apart with excessive strength. (something that can, iirc, be changed in Unity project settings).

• HondatoHondato Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Same thing happened to me too,I landed to a group of buildings/road on the board then the dice just jumped towards to sky.

IT reminds me of Pokemon's "Team **** Blasting Off Again!" XD

• HelliardHelliard Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

I have found this happen a couple of times even on the first dice - so not when a second dice knocks it but as soon as the first dice lands. Samsung S10E, v1.14.2

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭

It is a rigid body collision detection bug, when one mesh is intersected with another mesh when the collision detection is executed.

It is common bug with the Havoc physics engine.

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

@Grogyan is it possible to fix it? Or does this engine just not allow it technically to be fixed?

• SchnuefuSchnuefu Member Posts: 202 ✭✭✭

Update: The dice can also be pinged off the board without another dice touching it. It happened to me recently, that it got pinged off by the tiles, or maybe the houses (?)

edited November 2020

Based on recent reports I would guess that dices colliding with each other cause of flyoff may be resolved but tile corners may still make them fly off board. 🤔

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭

@CATANFiona

Bug still continues in app 1.20.1

Device: Galaxy S9+

• WeissWeiss Member Posts: 14 ✭✭

It is still present in version 1.20.1. I have lost precious resources twice when my die decides to fly off for a swim instead. I really hope Niantic looks into it seriously as getting a good **** and landing on what you need is not easy as it is.

• DanskeNDanskeN Member Posts: 13 ✭✭

The past few days, this happened 8 out off 10 minigames :(

App v. 1.20.1

Android 10, Samsung Galaxy A50

• RavNRavN Member Posts: 8 ✭✭

Happening pretty often lately.

App v. 1.20.1

Oppo R15pro, Android 10

• Starbright1016Starbright1016 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited December 2020

Still occurring as of 15th December v 1.22.3

• BennywomplerBennywompler Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

Still happening in 1.27 too. Has happened a couple of times to me now

• ElderKoreanElderKorean Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited January 14

Also had happen again yesterday 13 Jan, using 1.27, iPhone 8 Plus

• CatAnDogCatAnDog Member Posts: 20 ✭✭

Didn't realise this was a bug. I thought it was deliberate design...the latest die acting as a robber and robbing the earlier die/dice ;)