CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

Strategy and Gameplay

Factions and Winning in CATAN - World Explorers

CATANSkylerCATANSkyler Administrator Posts: 45 Admin
edited June 2020 in Strategy and Gameplay

Greetings Explorer! 

Like any gallant World Explorer, you’re probably eager to make a difference as you make your way throughout the world. Read on to learn more about how to achieve victory as you continue your adventure!

In CATAN – World Explorers, there are three factions vying for victory each Season. Choose carefully… they will be your companions for the foreseeable future.

As Explorers, we’re on the hunt for Victory Points. When you earn a Victory Point by developing or growing Settlement, you contribute to your Faction’s Victory Point total for the current Season. 

In addition, you will also contribute to your Faction’s score in Local Games. Your Local Game is determined by where you place your Hometown Settlement – all points scored in the nearby vicinity of your Hometown are calculated in Local Game scores.

In short: every action you take in CATAN – World Explorers affects other players around the world, players in your local neighborhood, and also your closest friends and rivals!

At the end of a Season, the entire game board resets and the competition is born anew! Victory Points are tallied up and reset, Resource centers are redistributed, and Settlements are refreshed. It’s up to you and your Faction’s resourcefulness to come out on top. 

What does this mean for your inventory? At the start of a new Season your Resource Cards, Minigames, and crafted Building Cards will all be reset. A new day dawns!

But don’t worry! Not everything resets. Your Faction choice, Personal Settlement, Unlocked Cards, Boost Cards, and Gold will carry over into the next Season. And of course, your Explorer Level will remain the same. Experience is for life!

Get out there, earn some Victory Points, and make your Faction proud!

Post edited by CATANSkyler on

Comments

• SarahSarah Member Posts: 38 ✭✭✭

How long is a season?

• AgrisAgris Member Posts: 1 ✭✭

30 days

• BexBex Member Posts: 7 ✭✭

How do you change faction?

• DukeNukemDukeNukem Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Is the a reward for winning faction members local or global?

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

@DukeNukem maybe local? Bears finally had a win overnight but my local cell is Wolves dominated and I still got gold on the dailies.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

"What does this mean for your inventory? At the start of a new Season your Resource Cards, Minigames, and crafted Building Cards will all be reset. A new day dawns!

But don’t worry! Not everything resets. Your Faction choice, Personal Settlement, Unlocked Cards, Boost Cards, and Gold will carry over into the next Season. And of course, your Explorer Level will remain the same. Experience is for life!"

Having been playing this game for several weeks, I finally looked at the in game support which answered a couple of questions I had. However I saw nothing about what happens to stuff in your in bag. Thankfully this answers the majority of my questions.

I was getting concerned that at the start of the next season, I would have to start researching all the buldings all over again, having just spent a small fortune in RP to unlock 11 Common and 2 Rares (hopefully a few more rare cards in the next 8 days).

I assume that resources will be removed as well?

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I understand that you lose the actual cards. You still have the knowledge of the cards you researched so you should be able to make them at once when the season starts.

I may be wrong. I guess we’ll see when the next season actually begins.

PS. It says ”Unlocked cards”, so that’s exactly what should stay.

• GandalfTheWhiteGandalfTheWhite Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

This should probably be edited to say the golden settlement will remain, not the personal one, as the name has changed. Newcomers could get misled otherwise.