Strategy and Gameplay

Events

AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

What kinds of events do you expect to see in CWE?

I kind of hope that those happen but those should be less frequent than the everongoing events of PoGo and HPWU.

It would make more sense to have season-to-season variation. Maybe some seasons can have some theme which makes it different from the others.

Comments

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about this yesterday. For CWE it would make sense to have a similar style event to Ingress First Saturday. Maybe something like a double VP event once per season.

Or maybe this is where the treasure maps come into play?

Based on a random pop up we got this morning, there might be something called a Catanian Carnival. No idea what that was all about 😂

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I would be happy if they could:

1. Keep away from any FOMO elements in the game. Ingress has done this successfully and I hope this game follows. PoGo and HPWU provide it in large quantities already if someone likes it.
    2. Keep away from all time gated content, just let players to play as much they like and whenever they like.

At least this first event sounds like it isn’t doing anything exclusive, I hope it stays that way.

• SkindogSkindog Member Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

Things like the x4 rewards on the dice toss games will help a lot (it makes it so much easier to play!).

The Catanian Carnival was actually a relatively good small scale event concept - though it would have been better if quests could be accepted more than twice per Catanian.

On the basic side, maybe cheaper trading, sales on dev cards, or a higher chance of picking up various cards or rewards from shrubs and resource centers?

On the more complex side, I guess events would most likely be based around special quests. These could reward new different personal settlement cards, one-off public settlement cards, along with the usual quest rewards. Plenty of options though!

Short notice aside, I enjoyed the last event, though I’m now having to pick and choose carefully which quests I do as current assumption is that better tier cards will be available at good friends level when they’re available ingame. This may not turn out to be correct but I’d rather not risk the freebies when there’s plenty of other Catanians who are at low levels still.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Event with bunny girls could be great

• SerendipSerendip Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

@Catanius I assume that's a joke?

That would be totally inappropriate for any minors playing the game and I'm guessing many females would find it offensive and demeaning. I know I would.

• CataniusCatanius Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@Serendip Not a joke neither an offense... I didn't want to hurt someone... That's only an idea and my suggestion.