The following are issues introduced in the 1.20.1 version of the app. This list may not include some issues that are flagged in the bug reporting section of the forum:
November 16, 2020
- The app may crash when clicking on the Minigame button when trying to get additional resources to craft a Development Card.
- The 'OK' button on the season end summary screen is not functional.
- The Settlement build screen appears in 'Harvest Dice'/'Trade' when the player taps on 'Empty Foundation'/'Placed Building' and 'Harvest Dice'/'Trade' simultaneously.
- The map is corrupted when a player places the Personal Settlement in an invalid location during the tutorial while moving.
- Players may fail to receive the 'cannot contribute to the upgrade' message when 2 players simultaneously attempt to contribute the same development card in the same Settlement.
- The map disappears when tapping simultaneously on the 'X' button and ‘Grow/Suggested Action/Build’ buttons in a Settlement.
- Golden Settlement achievement cards count against the backpack storage limit.
- In the Golden Settlement, the camera doesn’t focus on hexagon tiles while rewards are displaying.
- The game may freeze when a player taps 'Harvest Dice' and 'X' simultaneously in the Personal Settlement.
- The game may freeze when a player triggers the 'Totem mode' tutorial by immediately tapping on the Totem after taping on the daily dice roll.
- The Personal Settlement does not persist after a season change.
- The "X" might have to be tapped twice to exit the Strategy Map.
- Some card details are wrong for the Personal Settlement.
- The Greater Range text does not match the description text.
- The Trade Rate might not improve after building a Brick Market.
- The map may show as blue when viewing the Strategy Map after placing the Personal Settlement in an invalid location during the tutorial.
- On the 'Season's End Your Progression Persists' screen, the same art for all game assets and overlapping assets are shown.
- The harvest dice timer may display words instead of numbers.
- The camera may go into a bad state when a player starts walking after the first tutorial with Gilda ends.
- A player is able to place two Monument cards by tapping 'Play Card' and 'Foundations' simultaneously in the Personal Settlement during the tutorial.
- A player may be unable to interact with nearby Resource Centers and Settlements while the 'Personal Settlement has been placed!' prompt is active.
- Settlement Cards may have missing benefits listed on the card face - but still function in game, and are displayed on Card Details. Includes common Bell Tower, common Markets, and rare producers (Brick Kiln/Lumber Mill/Wool Storage/Grain Silo/Ore Foundry).
The following are issues introduced in the 1.16.6 version of the app:
October 22, 2020
- The Scout Boost navigates to the Totem's location to collect Shrubs after switching to Player mode from Totem mode while the Scout boost is active
- The Scout Boost stays on map for more than 25 secs after the boost card's time duration is completed,
- The game freezes when the player double taps on 'Cancel' and 'Place' buttons simultaneously while placing the Golden Settlement.
- Minigame art is corrupted when a player plays a 2nd minigame from the Settlement grow menu.
- 'Resource Depleted' pop-up appears when the player taps on undiscovered Resource Centers from the Strategy Map.
- [Android] The game freezes during the Settlement tutorial when the player disables the internet connection for 10 seconds and then taps on the back button after the internet is enabled again.
- The player gets stuck on the first storyboard of the Resource Center tutorial upon triggering the tutorial from an adjacent Resource Center or Settlement in Totem mode.
- The game becomes unresponsive with a black screen when the player triggers the Storage Limit popup in the Merchant Shop or card limit purchase page after entering them through the Storage Limit popup.
- A "Server cannot be reached" error sometimes appears when minigame rewards are being collected.
- An "Unable to place settlement try again later" error might appear when placing the Golden Settlement.
- The wrong reward screen appears over some newly built buildings.
- The Unlockable Building tutorial does not activate when selecting a locked card for the first time.
- The game may freeze in Totem mode when the player exits a Settlement by rapidly tapping on the 'Exit' button on the 'Exit settlement' pop-up.
- [Android] The 'Level' text sometimes fails to appear in the level up screen when the player taps on the 'Open Now' button.
- Nearby Resource Centers and Settlements fail to display when viewing the Strategy Maps screen from a rural area.
- The level up animation may fail to play upon returning to player mode if the player levels up in Totem mode.
- The "Contribute" button is misaligned in the Settlement grow menu.
- The Totem Token's count overflows out of the token's button on the World Map.
- Rural players may sometimes get stuck in the Totem tutorial.
- The trade screen overlaps the set in Totem mode.
- The ‘Explore the World' quest fails to display immediately in the quest menu upon entering the Journal after completing the first time user experience.
- A dark screen may overlay the card upgrade screen.
- Expanded build plots are sometimes all the same resource.
- Rewards sometimes fail to display when viewing the daily rewards screen.
- Level and name are not updated in the Niantic profile until a player relaunches the app.
- Totem token's count may remain static in the app until restarted.
- The 'Enter Settlement’ appears inside the settlement when the player taps on a settlement immediately after discovering it.
- The game may freeze when a player rapidly taps on the ‘Get Resources’ button after returning from the Trade menu.
- The reward animation fails to appear above the 'Storehouse' in the Golden Settlement.
- The player boost button stops functioning after the player taps rapidly on both the player boost button and the Backpack.
- Shrubs and Catanians may disappear on the map when the player returns from the VP scores menu.
- The 2x Minigame Bonanza banner still displays when 4x bonus is in effect.
The following are issues introduced in the 1.12.3 version of the app:
September 24, 2020
- Players may not see map tiles if precise location is turned OFF. (iOS 14 only)
- Some RP fail to get rewarded when a player salvages Resource Tokens from the 'Storage Limit Reached' pop-up in a Resource Center.
- The Daily Dice streak may fail to persist upon a new Season rolls.
- The Park Play tutorial may accidentally launch in the Merchant shop.
- Sometimes RP or Gold is not awarded when Settlement dice are rolled after some buildings are added or leveled up.
- The Speedy Cultivation Resource Center Boost causes a “cool down in progress” error to appear if you play the card right after entering an unharvested Resource Center.
- Sometimes the Settlement Upgrade card count doesn’t update after a contribution is completed in a Settlement.
- The trade ratio in a Settlement fails to update when the player enters the trade section for the first time.
- '+1 Resource card' rewards are incorrectly displayed instead of '+2 Resource cards' in the card details page for the Storehouse in the Personal Settlement.
- Some Personal Settlement buildings yield level 1 rewards for increased building levels.
- The Development Card icon is missing for Staple House rewards in a Personal Settlement.
- Removing the Brick Market and Wool Storage buildings in a Personal Settlement fail to restore the same cards to the backpack.
- Incorrect RP are sometimes rewarded for the Library and University buildings upon upgrading them in a Personal Settlement.
- Personal Settlement Tavern building fails to yield any rewards when the adjacent tile number is rolled in harvest dice.
- 'Card Details' and 'Play Game' buttons disappear when tapping on the card details button immediately after tapping on the arrow (next card) button in the Mini-Games section.
- 'Get Resources' button is missing upon entering the GROW menu in a Public Settlement with insufficient resources.
- "Search 5 Shrubs" progress bar does not display on the map the first time a shrub is tapped.
- Players may not receive 2x rewards from the 2nd dice onward that fell in daily dice 2x cornhole.
- Some players are taken to a grey camera angle after harvest dice reward is beginning to calculate in a Personal Settlement.
- Unable to collect achievement rewards named 'Surveyor 1’ (iOS only)
- Some Building Card’s level values do not match their descriptions in card details.
- Players may be unable to scroll through the map in their local region on 16:9 aspect ratio devices.
- 'Faction Animal' Name sometimes fails to appear under the faction banner on Android devices.
The following are issues introduced in the 1.10.1 version of the app:
August 31, 2020
- The app might freeze if the player taps both the "OPEN NOW" and "LATER" buttons on the level up screen at the same time or consecutively.
- Gilda may appear blue if you walk away from her during the intro tutorial.
- Gilda will tell players they earned 10 RP during the Settlement tutorial but this does not happen.
- A white overlay can appear when you tap on the harvest dice button when the tutorial hand appears.
- The data download info prompt may display an incorrect file size for download after updates or reinstallation.
- The "RP" and escape buttons disappear from unlockable building cards if the player taps the device back button.
- Roads, water features and the Gamepiece may not appear on the world map after exiting a Settlement.
- The Settlement model may float above a newly discovered Settlement.
- The "Upgrade Buildings 1" quest has inconsistent description text.
The following are player-facing issues in the app version 1.8.4:
August 25, 2020
- The game may freeze when a player presses ‘Collect 2000 RP’ to build a Monument. Workaround: Force close and reopen the app.
- The game may freeze when a player taps both ‘Play Game’ and ‘Card Details’ buttons of a mini-game card simultaneously. Workaround: Force close and reopen the app.
- Players may not receive rewards from the Dice Toss Mini Game when the network connection is unstable.
- Backpack displays 0 RP and 0 Resource Cards network connection is unstable.
- Capacity counters may falsely display 100/100 for Resource Cards and Development Cards when the network connection is unstable.
- ‘Cost to Craft’ fails to display on the screen when a player exits the card details page using the back button. [Android]
- Blue Resource Center screen may appear when a player clicks on a Resource Center and moves away.
- Personal Settlement tutorial triggers when a player attempts to salvage multiple Development Cards along with a Personal Settlement card.
- Incorrect string (“NOT_CRAFTABLE”) is displayed on Personal Settlement Card.
- Tutorial progression button is clipped out of screen while in Shrub tutorial. [iOS]
- Screen may zoom in on Public Settlement tiles from other teams. Workaround: Force close and reopen the app.
- Grey Transition screen on Personal Settlement harvest dice toss.
- When swiping through Personal Settlement cards, text may temporarily disappear.
- Potential app crash when exiting Resource Center or Settlements view.
- Upon upgrading a Settlement the amount of cards you can play may be displayed incorrectly.
- Settlement screen is displayed when player taps on back button on game piece screen while progressing through the tutorial.
- Players are occasionally unable to salvage cards when tapping and holding card. Workaround: Force close and reopen the app.
- The ‘Play a Card’ segment of the tutorial is skipped when a player relaunches the application when prompted to play a card.
- Speedy Cultivation boost accidentally allows one more harvest after the countdown has run out.
The following are player-facing issues in the app version 1.6.4:
August 7, 2020
- The Robber rewards too many resources.
- Free Boost Card fails to unlock even after the friendship level is upgraded to Good Friends.
- Personal Settlement grow tutorial doesn't play if you select "Grow" before playing Harvest Dice.
- During onboarding and building the first building, the “unlock card” button has another button doubled up behind it.
- A notification fails to display when the user has received a punishment in a chatroom.
- Park Play tiles aren't replenishing after the cool down expires unless the player relaunches the app.
- The pole indicating the availability of a Dice Roll game does not vanish even after playing the dice game in a Personal Settlement.
- The Resource Center doesn't lose the timer pole when the Resource Center is in the ready to harvest state.
- Fenni is missing their head during the backpack tutorial (googly eyes).
- The friends list stops loading after 22 friends.
- Catanian distance shows as North, less than 30m away.
The following are player-facing issues in the app version 1.0.0:
June 30, 2020
- The Daily Recap summary incorrectly shows zeros in place of the actual stats. This issue is merely cosmetic and does not affect the actual scores.
- There may be a visual glitch with displaying a link in the support bot chat. To follow the link, tap the blank area and you should be redirected to the link.
- Helga isn't offering quests properly.
- Terms of Service and Privacy links do not work (iOS).
- Map tiles fail to display when viewing Local Region Scores from the Personal Settlement region.
- During a Shrub Quest, shrubs that contain birds do not count toward discovery.
- Updates made to the Gamepiece may not be immediately visible after saving.
- Some Resource Centers may not allow a subsequent harvest after a cooldown resets.
- The shrub tutorial will not trigger when the auto-collect Research Scroll boost is active.
- In Personal Settlement, Harvest Dice Rewards screen doesn't show correct rolled number when 7 is rolled.
- The "Share" button is disabled in the Friends List UI.
- The number for the consecutive log in date is cut off when viewing the Daily Dice Roll UI.
- Catanians are occasionally visible on the world map before they're in range.
- The rewards slide-out notification obscures the "Open" buttons in the Inbox.
July 8, 2020 Updates
- Players are unable to accept quests from Catanians.
- Player's total XP is displayed incorrectly in their profile if their XP amount is over four digits.
- Weaver settlement card XP is displayed incorrectly.