News & Announcements

Game Update: 1.6.4

CATANSkylerCATANSkyler Administrator Posts: 37 Admin
edited August 7 in News & Announcements

Hi Explorers!

We hope everyone has enjoyed their first CATAN – World Explorers adventures! Please share your thoughts and stories in the thread below. Stay tuned in the News & Announcements section for all news and updates from the CATAN - World Explorers team. Visit the Report a Bug section to submit bug reports and view the current top Known Issues.

Here are the Release Notes for App Version 1.6.4:

Note: This update is not available yet for all players, it will be rolled out in the coming week.

What’s New:

• Trade with Gilda Anywhere! Stuck with too many of the same resource? Now you can trade any resource with Gilda (at a rate of 7:1) from the comfort of your own backpack!
  • Find Nearest Settlement. For those of you unsure where to score your next Victory Point, you can now find the nearest Settlement and get directions by visiting the “Find Nearest Settlement” option within the Victory Points Score Menu.
  • Mini-game Bundles! If you’re eager to get just a few more dice tosses, we now offer Minigame Bundles for sale in the Shop. Limit one Bundle purchase per day.

Bug Fixes:

Tagged:

Comments

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

I look forward to seeing this version in the store; being able to trade with Gilda sounds fantastic if you don't have a settlement nearby or are feeling super lazy.

• MarmalveMarmalve Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited August 8

Is all players referring to just the NZ players or the rest of the world? @CATANSkyler

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 72 ✭✭

Just release the game when it is still summer in the north. 😁 It’s good enough when all the most critical bugs have been resolved. 😇

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

@CATANSkyler what about all the syncing issues?

These require the app to be restarted, which is slow anyways

Any idea when we can skip the animations?

Game is super slow to play because of the excruciating long animation sequences.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭

But otherwise looks interesting

• MeridaMerida Member Posts: 1

I've enjoyed playing this game. Some suggestions: 1. a battery saver mode so you can walk with screen off and still get notified of anything in your area. We have several times run out of phone battery. 2. Ability to trade with other real world players. 3. A way of finding (getting directions to) the catanians you want to be friends with. 4. Other things to find other than shrubs would be cool too.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

Just installed this; the trade with Gilda option in the bag could be a bit more visible

• DoraDora Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10

LOVE the new nearby settlement feature. It's highlighted a couple in my closest six that I'd likely never go to due to being at trig points, but I'm now arm ed and ready to go take over nearby suburbs 😁

Re the point made above, it did take me a while to find the Gilda trade option. Better visibility would be good but once you've found it then you know where to go back to.