Report a Bug

Share issues that you've found in the game

Season 4 - RP from salvaging development cards has been reduced

fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

Rather than awarding 25 (Common), 50 (Uncommon) and 75 (Rare) RP per salvage, development cards now only award 5 RP. This is a change from Season 3.

I suspect that this is an intentional change, based on reports from @Dora and @StallionNZ that they are sitting on RP that can't be used because they have currently unlocked everything.

Can someone from Niantic confirm.

(Pixel 3a, Android 10, App Version 1.6.4)

4 votes

Bug: Intended - Not A Bug · Last Updated

Comments

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

It was reduced yesterday so likely intentional.

Ah, actually. I was referring to the RP from dice games. That was definitely reduced yesterday.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

This morning I got rid of my excess development cards for 25/50/75; didn't notice the dice game reduction as I was salvaging them as well.

Just went to salvage my dice games and they are rewarding 5 RP now as well (for 1, 2 and 3 dice game - don't have any 4 dice games). I also went to salvage a boost card and they have been reduced to 5 RP as well.

So feedback to Niantic - reverse the change; you are punishing people with this change.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

@fiyahflash, doesn’t every minigame have RP rewards so basically every one of them is still worth the same as before if you play them.

Collecting things just because you could thrash them away is not a good game mechanic and they seem to be addressing that.

This is a huge nerf.

A good balance IMO would be to reinstate the 100 RP in the mini dice games and leave the low value RP for card salvages. That would encourage people to actually roll the dice instead of insta-salvaging, and to play the game as intended.

@Skindog They did! Oh ... how come I didn't notice that when I actually threw the dice! (Probably because when I try to aim for something the dice decides to fly off the board or not go as far as the last dice with the same throw)

At this point I have 3 rare cards to unlock, and I am 22k RP away from that. This nerf is far too great and hurts the majority of players.

• MikeyMikey Member Posts: 39 ✭✭

I was in the top 4% for RP earned last season, and haven't unlocked any rare cards yet. I currently have 7k RP.

This nerf is going to make unlocking cards very slow for most players.

In the thread where the dev said they didn't expect people to earn so much RP, I considered requesting they not be too heavy handed, but figured they would look at the majority of players and wouldn't change it much. They're still working things out though - hopefully next season they implement Dora's suggestion above.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

There was like a few players who played super hardcore who opened all the cards. I guess normal mortal players are not even close to them.