CATAN – World Explorers is shutting down on November 18th, 2021. Learn more

New Players and Getting Started

When it will hit globally

I think it's not available for everyone i just want to know when it will be available it's just showing empty in my place

Comments

• ElmathioElmathio Member Posts: 1

Maybe if we keep posting and asking questions, we will get a date :)

• xDTrollBusterxDxDTrollBusterxD Member Posts: 101 ✭✭✭✭

@Elmathio sure not :D

• MANDFG73MANDFG73 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

When the game will start for all the world ?

• Set92Set92 Member Posts: 2

7 weeks? Hope they will speed that up this time, it would make sense to release it on the summer, not on september. So maybe 2 weeks in beta? But not sure if that will be enough to fix the bugs and add some needed settings.

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

I think the number of players in Catan will be much smaller than the other Niantic games. The launch could be accelerated with this, since theoretically the servers would not have as many active accounts at the same time. The proof of this is the low demand for this forum. Catan WE is an amazing game! However, compared to his older brothers who have thousands of players, his launch could be accelerated.

@JItkonen

I think your comment is valid.

• GrogyanGrogyan Member Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

@JItkonen The Catan board game is incredibly popular, about the same as Harry Potter franchise.

But right now, the game mechanics as such, mean that this game is far from being worthy of worldwide release.

There are so many fundamental issues, that while OK for the tiny player base now.

My recommendation is @CATANSkyler consideration to be given right now, to pull the game from Google play and Apple store, and redesign the core mechanics. While this unique window of opportunity to fix those core mechanics is possible.

I fully realise that this isn't the best solution from a business standpoint. But in the long term, making those changes now, will mean a much more profitable product in the coming years.

Many players warned Niantic, and provided solutions for Pokémon GO and Wizard's Unite, which were ignored. And Ingress.

Now there is so much cheating in pokemon go, 99% of the player base has stopped playing.

This same cheating meant that Wizard's Unite could not become a bigger success.

What I am stating now, as a new player for Catan, and even knowing some of the tricks, is that there is actual design faults, which require radical changes.

There are always going to be games which will have its fans regardless of how it is. I just want there to be more people enjoying, than not.

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

@Oygedei agreed. At L16 and someone who has also extensively played all Niantic games, I’m thoroughly enjoying Catan.

@Oygedei

I am impressed with your comment, I wish I could give you a hug. You talked a lot and it seems to me to be someone incredible.

I agree with you and support your point of view.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Has New Zealand received beta access because of its unique* situation in regards to the current worldwide issue around COVID-19? We have pretty much elimiated it outside of cases that arrived at the boarder and there hasn't been any community transmission for over 2 months.

Therefore we are free to walk around and interact with people and things .. therefore walking and interacting with the game.

*might not be that unique, there are probably some smaller islands in the Pacific that also have no cases

I don't mind New Zealand having the game first, I'm happy even. I'm just anxious and really want to play Catan WE. So I look forward to its expansion around the world.

• DoraDora Member Posts: 255 ✭✭✭

@fiyahflash NZ quite often gets beta first. I suspect it’s because we’re easy to geofence with enough of a sample population for testing.

@Oygedei I have provided feedback on areas that need reworking. I enjoy bits and pieces.

But I also know very well that the game will be wrecked by cheaters, and bots it it's current state.

This is a fact.

But also where you have to realise that even 1,000 players in Auckland, we're to play (which there isn't at the moment) almost 4/5 will be disincentivedto play, due to lack of settlements, and forcing players into parks, which in many cases are tiny. And the constant warning of full inventory due to the lack of settlements which which to use accumulated resources.

So we have plenty of experience just over 1 week in, and it is fair to give criticism where it is needed, but also praise where it is good.

For me, I find the mini games enjoyable, despite the bugs.

• BlueBearyBlueBeary Member Posts: 12 ✭✭

Re Pogo being dead, 4 billion dollars in revenue and a steady maintained revenue stream says 'no'

Re: catan launch date, the commonly held opinion is October at the latest for WW if they stick to their Wu and pogo schedules.

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 662 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

PoGo is dead if you think about its soul and original idea. It has been made into optimized money making machine. They produce minimal new content (shiny skins to Pokemon) and make addicted people to spend huge amounts of money to achieve them. Nowdays you can even pay so you don’t need to go out and raid. Business done right, game not so much.

Beginning of September would be nice. That would be two months like with HPWU. 😇

• FiddleheadNZFiddleheadNZ Member Posts: 71 ✭✭✭

Loving this new game... despite it taking time away from my first love Ingress and other games.

Be patient out there and you will have it soon enough.

Meanwhile we do our best right now in NZ to identify and report the bugs & issues, to iron out the teething problems for launch into your much larger demanding markets.

It's a novelty at the moment, that is why I am still playing it. But generally enjoy Ingress.

The casual point scoring was something I stated in pogo beta, needs to happen. Unfortunately, spoofing is rife, and this feature will never be implemented, thus my enjoyment of pogo has long since passed.