News & Announcements

Why Settlements showed up all around the world & a Hello from the Community Manager

CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 6 Community Manager, Global
edited September 16 in News & Announcements

Greetings Explorers!

Let me start with a quick introduction: My name is Dominik and I’m the Community Manager for CATAN – World Explorers. I am here to support you with additional updates and collecting your feedback to make sure it reaches the right members of the team. So if there is anything specific that you would like to hear more of, please let me know!

I am located in Germany (so don’t expect me posting outside of GMT office hours). Previously I have worked on Pokémon GO and Ingress in Europe – so you might know me from events in the region.

Enough of me. Let’s get back to an update about the game:

On Monday afternoon Pacific Time, Settlements and Resource Points were activated worldwide for about 2 hours. This enabled players who had downloaded the game outside the app stores to play for a short period. This wasn’t intended, as we are still in a beta limited to certain countries (currently New Zealand and recently Switzerland). 

The activation of these Settlements and Resource Centers happened due to a server update and, frankly, it might happen again in the future. This is not an indicator for when we are planning to take the game to launch. We currently are still in the beta phase of launch and are actively collecting feedback from our beta players so we can improve the game before full launch. We still have work to do! 😊

To everyone who is a part of this forum but is currently unable to play the game: We are excited about your enthusiasm! Rest assured, the time will come for you to join the fun. 

Thank you,

Dominik and the CATAN – World Explorers Team

Post edited by CATANdominik on

Comments

• MiraggenMiraggen Member Posts: 53 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the clarification and transparency with the reason for what happened.

• Theking465Theking465 Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Thanks a lot for the clarification and explanation. That's higly appreciated. Keep up the good work

• AjanHukkaAjanHukka Member Posts: 72 ✭✭

@CATANdominik, can you give some vague idea of your test and release plan?

I can see how it is difficult to fix any real schedule because the game is under development affected by user feedback which may take shorter or longer time to work out. But rather it would be nice to hear what kind of steps are planned. Is the beta going to expand further to new countries before full release? Are there still some greater gameplay improvements and changes planned to be tested before release or is it mainly just fixing bugs and doing some minor balance changes from now till release?

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    edited September 1

@CATANdominik Can I ask you Pokemon Go things? 😀

EDIT: On topic, it is refreshing to see Niantic own up to a mistake. The Pokemon Go community are well aware of the mistakes that Niantic make with that game and then either ignore them (and with no compensation) or ignore the user.

Post edited by fiyahflash on
  • noweb4unoweb4u Member Posts: 1

As a US player, I'm incredibly excited to get playing!

• DoraDora Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭

Yay! Welcome onboard Switzerland ... especially to the new Wolves 😁

• StarfishStarfish Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

I really love playing this game

Thank you niantic for creating it

• SmartGeniusSmartGenius Member Posts: 2

Any advice or hint for when it will be available worldwide?

I was able to play (Latam) and get to L3 and had a few Quest pending.

Greets 😄

• CATANdominikCATANdominik Administrator, Community Manager Posts: 6 Community Manager, Global

@fiyahflash You cannot ask me about Pokémon GO things, as this is the CATAN – World Explorers forum 😉 and I'm also not responsible for Pokémon GO anymore at this point. But feel free to ask me about CATAN – World Explorers!

@SmartGenius & @AjanHukka Regarding all the questions about release date: We won't be able to share any date or timeline at this point. It is important for us to act on your feedback, which also means that we will have to stay flexible.

• fiyahflashfiyahflash Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭

Haha @CATANdominik it was worth a shot; I was just being very cheeky

• ThorsGateThorsGate Member Posts: 5 ✭✭

Da stehe ich hier nun schon seit Wochen ganz allein auf der grünen Wiese und warte das es endlich losgeht. Dein Artikel macht Hoffnung, dass ich bald im Team losmarschieren kann. Danke für Deine Info und lasst uns nicht mehr so lange warten.

• IcefalkeIcefalke Member Posts: 10 ✭✭

Hallo Dominik,

da Du ja in HH wohnst kann ich Dir auch schreiben.

Könntest Du vielleicht eine genau Uhrzeit sagen, ab wann das Spiel am Montag kurzzeitig spielbar sein wird?

Nachmittag ist ka ein sehr dehnbarer Begriff und da wie ich ja viel arbeiten müssen, wäre dad zur Planung sehr hilfreich.

Viele Grüße Dieter aka Icefalke